• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's Your Gaming Song Playlist ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They don't? Can't remember the last game I saw that didn't let let you adjust music and sound effect levels individually :shrug:

Not like Civ 5. You can control music, sound effects, ambiance, and vocal audio separately. Some games do, sure. But for the most part, I tend to like the game music. :shrug:

if its a single player game (saints row, metro 2033 etc.) i usually listen to Skillet, Naildown55 (Newgrounds audio) or Naruto OST's, pumps me up for the killing that is to proceed ;)

Can't say I was a huge Static X fan Blaylock some of their stuff I liked and some I was Meh on. They have been around a long time though and it sucks when you hear news of their passing, but you live by the sword, you die by the sword!

Soundgarden live would be my choice.
I used to listen to the game(fps) but it's eye/hand coordination that is important.

Last edited:
I've been playing War Thunder , and with my acquisition of an A-20 Havoc and P-47 Thunderbolt I began assembling my air combat playlist.. So far (As and Bs) :
AC/DC-Walk All Over You
Shot Down In Flames
If You Want Blood
It's A Long Way To The Top

Bad Company-Bad Company
Evil Wind

Blue Oyster Cult-Cities On Flame
Veteran Of The Psychic Wars
Godzilla

What gets you in the mood for mayhem , or just good old competition ?

silence, i turn off game music and any background music when playing.

Interesting. I only listened to the game until recently because it distracted me from learning. I've found that as reaction becomes reflex the gameplay is my equivalent to dancing to the tunes. Listening to music has always been an activity for me , not something I can do passively. I don't dance so I was surprised to find I can almost let the music fly the plane. At fifty-two I discovered I can dance. And like most things , I can't do it in the traditional sense , but in my own quirky fashion.

Agreed ED, though it may be that I and I believe you play FPS games, where you need to hear whats going on around you, at least I do.

When I used to be a heavy FPS gamer (read: Counter-Strike 1.5 (yes, pre-Steam...don't judge me))...The clan I played with play in leagues (read: I had NO life) and still had music playing in the background. Hearing what's going on around you is so overrated.

You nerfed my thread title >< lol

Recently added The Pretty Reckless to my shuffle.

Back