• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest worth buying 4K monitor out there or suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prixone

Hi guys,

As the title says, I am looking for the cheapest 4K monitor I could possible buy that is actually worth buying. Honestly what I really need is a monitor with huge resolution as I need to place a bunch of things on the screen that I need visibility and honestly the ones with 1440 height is just not that great for me as is and while looking around 4K seems what I really need.

Unhappily due to custom issues the price of a monitor imported to my country will sky high my pocket(you could literally buy 3 monitors depending on the price with the taxes) and I wanted to know what would be the cheapest one available in the market I could possible buy that is worth buying if any.

Within my country the only monitor I found being sold was a "28pol" LED Philips Brilliance (Wide - 4K - Hub) - 288P6LJEB" for $1200, I know you could probably buy 2 of it with that much :( taxes suck.

Could you guys recommend or suggest me anything to overcome this size thing?

The lowest resolution I could possible go to get everything on screen would be around 3300x2000, I was considering multiple monitors with an arm mount but space wise it doesn't let me set more than 2 and if that was the case I would need to cover 1620x2000 per monitor or so.

Are you gaming on them? Most of the 4K displays are still 30Hz refresh rate, which isn't what I'd call "gaming ready". Why not use multiple 1440P displays?

Are you gaming on them? Most of the 4K displays are still 30Hz refresh rate, which isn't what I'd call "gaming ready". Why not use multiple 1440P displays?

No, I am not using it for gaming they are mainly for monitoring tools.

I haven't found any good ones with 1440P that can flip like some do that would met the screen size requirements to have a maximum of 2 monitors to fit my space which is also why I am taking suggestions and sent above the sizes and specifications.

You'd probably have to buy vesa compatible stands, but they aren't too expensive.

If you aren't gaming though, 30 Hz is fine. I wouldn't even imagine you'd have to worry too much about it being the "best of the best". Your needs won't require anything high end.

You'd probably have to buy vesa compatible stands, but they aren't too expensive.

If you aren't gaming though, 30 Hz is fine. I wouldn't even imagine you'd have to worry too much about it being the "best of the best". Your needs won't require anything high end.

I am not looking for the best I am just looking for an option to fit all the open app windows I need into either a single or 2 monitors at best that won't cost me too much.

So perhaps something up to 300~400USD+100USD(delivery) at best as this would cost me 2604BRL and the big math to convert it from USD with all the taxes:
Code:
(((((500 * 2,67) * 0,60) + (500 * 2,67)) / 0,82) * 0,18) + ((500 * 2,67) * 0,60) + (500 * 2,67)
NOTE: I am using 500USD as cost + delivery in the above sample and the total given in the above divided by 2,67 is the actual value in USD that I pay for it converted back from my currency.

While I don't plan to use it for gaming I might from time to time use it for gaming but nothing much as extensive game plays or FPS or anything, pretty much login, logout to check account and the such.

I just can't seem to find something that would fit my price range, be it 4K or 2x1440P looking for some help :)

Last edited:
I wanted to get a 4k monitor to replace my old 19" Samsung LCD, but the video cards haven't really gotten there yet at decent refresh rates for a single GPU. So I got an inexpensive $200 27" LED LCD 1080P for now as a placeholder. Once the next gen cards come out that can handle 4k at good refresh rates, the 4k panels should be even more affordable.

Look no further than the Seiki 4K displays.
Those are indeed cheap but from the few reviews I found it was not properly working at the refresh rate it offers so I am a bit with a step behind on those.

I wanted to get a 4k monitor to replace my old 19" Samsung LCD, but the video cards haven't really gotten there yet at decent refresh rates for a single GPU. So I got an inexpensive $200 27" LED LCD 1080P for now as a placeholder. Once the next gen cards come out that can handle 4k at good refresh rates, the 4k panels should be even more affordable.
If only 1080P would suffice my problem :( I don't mind if its 1440Px2 or 4Kx1 as long as I can keep the price under certain value as my currency against dollar is fluctuating a lot with the recent events and might not settle down until the end of the year. So basically I am trying to keep the price up to 500USD with delivery which can cost up to 100USD, I've found some 1440P but still undecided whether I should wait or... would love more advices on 1440P as well.

Decent 4k monitors are more expensive right now than your budget allows. Maybe by the end of the year 2015-2016 you'll have more options. You could gamble on the inexpensive 4k monitors/TVs and sell 'em off locally if they don't perform to your liking. At least you would recoup most of your investment to try the 4k market again for a better performance/price ratio. Seems with time things get better for the same or less cost.

Decent 4k monitors are more expensive right now than your budget allows. Maybe by the end of the year 2015-2016 you'll have more options. You could gamble on the inexpensive 4k monitors/TVs and sell 'em off locally if they don't perform to your liking. At least you would recoup most of your investment to try the 4k market again for a better performance/price ratio. Seems with time things get better for the same or less cost.
That's exactly why I am here hoping that some would know a worth to buy 1440P combo or a 4k solo within my budget ;). I know there are some out there I am just unsure of what would be a worth buy right now. I don't need high Hz, 60 is just fine but if I can get more than 60Hz its of course welcome.

With the cheaper 4k monitors, you can't get 60Hz @4k :(

I'm waiting for my price/performance requirements to come on the market. I'd like to keep the total price for monitor + GPU under $700. Not a chance now, but maybe late this year or early next.

I might not be able to get a 4k @60Hz but I am not limited to 4k, I am also looking for 1440P ones but need 2 if 1440P.

Back