• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBOT World Tour 2015

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
After announcing the HWBOT World Tour we received an incredible amount of positive messages from people who want to join the events as well as from people who want to get involved in the organization of the events. It is with great pleasure and an infinite amount of enthusiasm, we announce the first stop of the HWBOT World Tour 2015 in North America. From March 6-8 you can join us for three days of non-stop overclocking at Canada’s largest LAN Party event: Lan ETS event in Montreal.

The HWBOT World Tour 2015 – North America Lan ETS is brought to you by HWBOT, Overclock.net and Overclocking-TV. The Stop features three activities:

The Extreme OC gathering (Ticket required)
A World Series event
A World Series for Amateurs event (free for all Lan ETS participants and visitors)

The event is open to anyone: from Elite to Rookie overclockers, and even those who have yet to set their first steps in the world of overclocking. During the entire event you can join any of our activities.

For the amateurs, which includes Rookies, Novices and Enthusiasts we host an exclusive workshop at the venue, combined with an exciting double elimination overclocking tournament. The final of the amateur overclocking event will be held on stage at Lan ETS, and of course we have a bunch of cool prizes for the winners and lucky winners. Note that the World Series for Amateurs is not eligible for overclockers who already have extreme cooling experience, or already participated in a live, open overclocking competition before.

http://hwbot.org/news/11757_hwbot_w...america_lan_ets_in_montreal_canada_march_6_8/

Already got my ticket :thup:
Seating is limited to 26, at the time of writing there were 23 spots left.

Damn.. in Canuckistan.
Nice one, come visit sometime. We drink lots of beer and eat raw beaver. :rofl:

That's the plan E_D, my wife is coming along to be my wench. Ha ha She loves her camera.
I am looking forward to it.

E--D Problem maybe is they would not let him cross the border Johan lol!! :p :chair:

Ajay.

Ive been to Canada more times than you have have seen it on a map Ajay! My passport is still in my hands and active! Its just a helluva drive from where I am at now (I used to live in Ohio, go to college at U of Toledo which which Windsor Canada was an hour away...but that was 20 years ago when I was in college, LOL! :)

Hi Guys,
Xyala here from HWBOT. Thanks @Johan45 for creating this thread.

We are looking forward to see some of you guys there. Any questions - feel free to ask :)

Thanks! Its a pleasure :)

This year is the first year we are doing the World Tour, so for now we try to keep things simple by having a few locked in locations and progressively expanding the tour with more dates and places. I all depends on demand and popularity.
Also, as one of the goals for the World Tour is to connect with new guys, and give LN2 access to those that have gear but can't order a tank by themselves, it is important that the location provides an audience of PC enthusiasts as a starting point (thus the choice of a Lan Party).

=> The more people we get to the NA event at LanETS, the more we will consider adding more locations. :)

We are keeping a list of all the cities that have been demanded, so I'm adding Detroit to it.

In Poland we have maybe 10 active extreme overclockers so event like that would be total fail :p

East coast USA eventually next year. For now we focus on that one event.

@Woomack, for Poland you can attend the World Tour event in France. Lots of cheap flights with ryanair etc. :)

Not to sound critical and I do understand why Montreal was chosen but I do think an event like this would get a better turn out in Toronto. About 1/3 of Canada's population is in Southern Ontario.

For you maybe, I'm almost halfway but Windsor is 3 hrs and T.O. is 2. Windsor might attract a few more Americans though.

Back