• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneaking up on caddi :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, I'm in a bit of a pickle for new toys, to upgrade from my 7970's in crossfire or my 290 it would be a 980 and i'm not spending that, 970's are pretty well priced but not enough increase, so let me look around at 270's or another 290 to crossfire that. I have one of my crosshair 5's coming back home soon and if i remember right it has 4 pcie slots.

Your 7970's are in crossfire while folding?!?

Can you do me a favor, and disable crossfire then fold for a few hours?
I'm trying to see if I have something screwed up or if crossfire really does make me lose 40+K PPD.

Im jealous, im out of pci-e slots :-/ i do have a case, mobo, chip, ram for another build but my honey bear is starting to make noises about how much (lol) ive been spending, maybe ill look around for a cheap harddrive and psu. Its only a m5a78 board and a fx4100 so cheapish good psu would be plenty

let me disable cross fire and see if I can't get away a little again, gawd he keeps coming on like a steamroller!!!!!

why does it crop my attachments like that?

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 69
Thats not good, stupid x-fire :mad:
I think ive got everything dialed in, proper drivers, overclocked (with a modicum of restraint :D)
amdnvidiaplayingtogether.JPG
the best part is we're in the middle of moving office to basement, ambients upstairs = 21C, downstairs = 16C :clap:

Love the 13xxx WU's, core x18 are great on my nvidia card as well :D

I've looked around a bit on that topic, haven't found anything conclusive, I would **** rainbows if I could only pick up 18's for the 650, it bumps my ppd from 30-35k to 45-50k :shock:

just for the poopy of it i fired up one of my 760's, look what i get when i fire up my weakest card.

POOPY!

Attachments

• folding.JPG
    folding.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
D'oh, lol, good going s_p.

I didn't realize a 760 would be that low points wise.

my two 760's in cross fire will give a titan a run for it's money, but for folding, gk104 has seen it's day.........

Fair enough, caddi, I'm sure it won't be long until gk106 is about the same :-/

Damn. And I was thinking of throwing the 'ol 550Ti and 6850 in a new rig to fold for a bit :-/

Probably not worth the effort or electricity.

760 is a wimpy 680, so throw yours right in and give them a try, luck of the draw might help you in a big way.

Oh hohoh!
Just bought a Asus P8Z77-V Pro! :D

Just need more GPU's!
That's next week's paycheque :p

s_p, fill those slots!!!!!

subpar called it sneaking up, I call what he did today racin past!!!!!

Back