• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneaking up on caddi :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fair enough, ive got all the part for another puter and my nvidia card is sitting doing nothing so i figured if i can grab a used hdd and get it folding again then bonus, maybe even use it as an htpc for the basement while its not folding, idk the wifey doesnt like the looks of tower style cases at least anywhere but the office :)

the 970 is the king of folding right now, when run on a linux operating system, not hard to set up at all, i have a thread where hayesK set mine up, step by step.

subpar, you might look into a cube type case or an htpc case.

has she popped the new kid out yet?????

chuckerants, park em and let em collect dust, the 970 hammers out the points, is cooler, is quieter.
I use the 280x cards here and there to kick it up a little.
subpar now owns one of my old 7970's, my asus three slot monster now lives in it's box and I really don't know that it will ever see the light of day again, but it makes a very good spare.

when you do, follow the instructions from HayesK in this thread>>> http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/757243-let-s-setup-my-ubuntu-folding-box <<<.
install the linux you chose, ubuntu 14.04 based, I use zorin 9, it's a superheavyweight, but any without the unity front end will do.
open terminal and copy and paste each command in each of his posts all the way down to installing f@h, just click those and wait, they will open in software center and you just click install, reboot and you're folding.
reading beyond that and you will find how to get some nvidia overclocking software going.

You guys are a BAD, BAD influence. :)
when you do, follow the instructions from HayesK in this thread>>> http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/757243-let-s-setup-my-ubuntu-folding-box <<<.
install the linux you chose, ubuntu 14.04 based, I use zorin 9, it's a superheavyweight, but any without the unity front end will do.
open terminal and copy and paste each command in each of his posts all the way down to installing f@h, just click those and wait, they will open in software center and you just click install, reboot and you're folding.
reading beyond that and you will find how to get some nvidia overclocking software going.

Overclocked like mad.
Cut the TPF by 14 seconds between both GPU's.

Looking at ~186K PPD for WU 9201 on both GPU's :thup:

I'm watching lol, not sure what's on deck for WU's but i may squeak by once more and then you will definitely be leading :thup: ill probably come up a little more in avg ppd but I'm almost maxed out for right now, gotta get that other computer cooking to come up some more but i think ill be putting out pretty close to 300k ppd fairly steadily :D pretty much 100% Caddie Daddi to thank as well :salute: I'll try and pass along the goodwill :D

with your new cooking iron I had to bring in a 280x for a little "boost" to get by you, so it won't last long..........

In the hospital now, should have a new daughter by midnight :D ill catch you again caddi this i swear :sn:

Congrats Subpar! :clap:

Hopefully you're in the hospital for a while.
You know... so I can hold my lead and stuff :p

Kidding, congrats again!

(Good, now he can't afford new GPU's! :muahaha:)

Grats on the little one Subpar!

The house is starting to get a touch too warm during the day already. I'm already thinking about cutting back to over-night only folding and will probably shut down completely for the hottest months this year, so you guys will be blasting past me soon.

24/7 or bust! That's why I have a swamp cooler during the dry hot summers here. Wife complains it's hot, but I just tell her to kick the covers off. She won't because they protect her at night.

Back