• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneaking up on caddi :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Angry birds is great fun! Hours and hours trying to kill those Damn pigs :D good times

I found X-Fire was enabled.....
It's now disabled, and I'm looking at 170+K PPD again :D

It'll hold you guys off for a bit. ;)

Stupid lousy AMD Catalyst 14.9 drivers :mad:

Driver crashed and card burned through 23 WUs (corrupted) before I had to reboot system to fix it.

Cards work just fine. ATI drivers don't.

Ooooo that's a bummer :(
I hate it when it sumbits a WU as bad when it's halfway through it :mad:

These never even made it to 0%. They would download after several minutes waiting for the assignment server and then GPU0 FAH crashed before they even got started. Either it was me or they had a large batch of bad WUs in cue. After I rebooted the system instead of just quitting FAH and restarting multiple times it stopped doing that. GPU1 seldom has any problems as it is headless and doesn't get pinged by desktop GUI operations.

this is how i fold,
gk104 cards, 760's and 770's, win xp, 327.23 drivers.
maxwell, gtx970, ubuntu based linux, without unity gui, driver, 346. unity crashes all day and all night, so there.......
ati, 7970, 280x, win7, driver 13.9--or 13.12, after the fiasco i had with 14.12 i'll not use a 14 again and i get better ppd with the 13.xx drivers.

this is how i fold,
gk104 cards, 760's and 770's, win xp, 327.23 drivers.
maxwell, gtx970, ubuntu based linux, without unity gui, driver, 346. unity crashes all day and all night, so there.......
ati, 7970, 280x, win7, driver 13.9--or 13.12, after the fiasco i had with 14.12 i'll not use a 14 again and i get better ppd with the 13.xx drivers.

14.9 if fine caddi.
14.12 is the problem. The stupid "OMEGA" drivers. Very buggy and unstable when I tried them. Pure garbage.

Are there gains to be had switching from 14.9 to 13.12?
Haven't heard from Subpar yet. Bet he's in the hospital now :)

I have read that 14.9 is a better producer but i do better with the 13xx drivers, but make sure crossfire is disabled, the bridges can be there, just disable crossfire in ccc.

I have read that 14.9 is a better producer but i do better with the 13xx drivers, but make sure crossfire is disabled, the bridges can be there, just disable crossfire in ccc.

Yep :)
I found that crossfire was enabled :mad:
That would explain the frequent driver crashes, I was overclocking the 7850 and the same values were being applied to the 270x lol.

Back to 170K+ PPD again after disabling crossfire :)

Not at the hospital yet :D havent had a chance to swap out drivers, **** has been hectic, i did see Caddi climbing up on me from behind there :rofl: damn those 970s are beasts. ive got a line on a $20 harddrive that will net me another 36-40k ppd so im hoping i can get that up tomorrow or i do believe Caddi will pass me by :attn:
Fold on overclockers :comp:
oc7970.JPG
God i love the basement, these temps are great :cool:
After i bumped the 7970 to 1100, my tpf dropped by 11s and my ppd went to 240k :shock: these cards respond well to higher clocks

Last edited:
yea, imma pass you.
you need to just save the bucks on the smaller ppd things and save for a 970.

Is the GTX 970 the GPU that gets 300,000 PPD and uses very small amount of power and generates little heat? If so, it costs 2x my HD7970s but outputs about 3x the PPD. That maybe my next GPU after I buy some more ammo for my new AR.

Back