• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneaking up on caddi :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, that was sure fun, threw one of my much loved gtx760oc cards in an old pos, it happens to be the one s_p and xsuperbgx taught me to script mine with.
my wallet is still installed in it and has half a bitcoin in it, worth what..... $100 now.
well, anyway, I found out that a 250watt psu will not mush along a 760 at all, so I threw in a 350 watt and am now off to the races with another 0x18.

well, that was sure fun, threw one of my much loved gtx760oc cards in an old pos, it happens to be the one s_p and xsuperbgx taught me to script mine with.
my wallet is still installed in it and has half a bitcoin in it, worth what..... $100 now.
well, anyway, I found out that a 250watt psu will not mush along a 760 at all, so I threw in a 350 watt and am now off to the races with another 0x18.

What I would have done for 0.5 BTC back then :drool:

So what's the PPD on that 760 caddi?

Also, I'm only ahead of you 2 by a 270's PPD :shock:
40K PPD more caddi and you will be even with me!

the 760 is showing 50.000 ppd with this wu, not to bad for the wattage, the gtx770 is showing around 100.000 ppd.
I wish i had more time to spend figuring out how to run all these cards at the same time, but tonight i am designing a new oiling system on one rig and the kicker plates for a pair of naca duct submerged oil coolers on the other, stuff i really should be doing at the shop and not at home.

Cool, oil field? I run track hoes and bobcats and such :D I get to play in the dirt like a 5 year old in a sandbox :D

no mine is all funny looking cars that cost a lot of money and are owned by middle aged asswipes with big mouths and very hot, plastic wives that act like 5 year olds.

the plastic wives are just way cooler, titney sphears took the all time winner award...........
cars are cars, a kia rio sucks just as much as a lambo espada, but the owner of the lambo has the ability to pay.

True enough :D and we all know money makes the world go round. Too bad it is the fakes that tend to rake in the dough, leaving good hard working people to wallow in the mundane existence of normal :D
FOLDING keeps me sane!!!

Folding makes me insane! Maybe I should preface that thought, yesterday I came home from work and found that my r9 was stuck at 99% and not doing a Damn thing D: so I restarted my puter and after the login/bootup it started folding away, Yay! I wake up this morning and lo and behold same thing!? Fack, I set the card back to stock everything, and restarted I'm hoping it's just an aggressive overclock that bit me in the *** but ugh I hate lost points

set it all back to stock, run it through, if it recurs, reinstall everything, driver, and folding.
with most of my older cards I am finding older drivers to work better with them.

makes sense, i dialed everything back, im running 14.9 drivers, im going to search it up and see if thats still the sweet spot or if theres a more stable driver i can use.

14.9 I think is the best ones still.

I'm using 14.12's and my 280x's are only getting about 85k ppd each. My other rig is also running 280x's with 14.9 and they are getting about 125k ppd.

Ok I'll stick with 14.9, so far so good, I've gotten 2 9201 WU's so they crunch fast.

I'm trying drivers with one of my 290's, some allow voltage adjustment and some don't, I'm just starting to see that a multi card rig is going to be a real biotch to make run right.
it looks like motherboard and driver choice will help or hurt.

I'm just playing the tortoise, slow and steady, I can't match your outputs but I can stay steady :D

he did go by!
I'm trying to get these 7970's and 290's to play nice together but these two 7970's just don't like to play nice with each other, throw a 290 in the mix and it's just crash city.
when the 2 280x cards get here I think I might have a better shot at it.

torin was kind enough to post up some pics of his hydra and i don't think I'm going to go that route because I would have to go with a wall mounted open build, and my little bee will never allow that. I work standing at a podium, not sitting at a desk and my work machine takes all the space in it and the cooling system is mounted to the back, with my lanbox sitting in the bottom section.
so now I'm esploring my options, single psu, dual motherboard/case build?????

The 2 280x's and the 290 will probably play nice but I'm thinking that you'll need a monster(larger than avg anyway) psu, but didn't you get a beast from Oklahoma wolf?
I'm not sure about the 2 mobo 1 psu, wouldn't you need 2 psu min just to supply the 24 and 4/8 cpu power? :shrug: there's lots of people here that know a great deal so I'm sure overclockers will help get it sorted out :D

Back