• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to convince my boss to replace 40+ power supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it possible to run two of the 350W loads off of one unit? That would be the better way to up front cost cutting if possible.
(Or even more than two off of one?)

Yes I believe so. I'll look at the requirements for them, as far as redundancy goes. My lead wasn't in on Friday, so I was unable to discuss these things unfortunately.

Any on our psu list will work. Splitting hairs between them isn't worth the hassle. My suggestion, seasonic g series 380w.

I have read through it. Barring that list shows short term usage as its basis, I was hoping to get some "long term" inputs as well. Generically speaking, anything will be better than these logisys turds. I really have no idea how they decided to get these things.

Since that's the case, I would look at the EVGA 1300W G2 or EVGA 850W G2.
Right now the 850W is $90 AMIR on Newegg, $125 before.
Or the 750W G2 even, it's $90 AMIR and $110 before.
The 1300W is $145 AMIR, $170 before.

At the AMIR prices, you can't touch the $/W with single units.

And with registration, they're 10 year warranty units.
THAT could be a selling point for the company.

10 year warranty is pretty nice. Ill be making a spread sheet of various options. Ill run it by you guys tomorrow and see what you think.

If the multi unit bit is possible, and they're willing to fork out cash up front, a 1600W T2 would be able to run 94% efficient on four of the 350W loads.
Could be able to pull out the 10 year card and the daily savings card on that.

The concern I have with piggybacking multiple systems on a psu, is if you lose a psu, you lose X amount of systems attached to it. If the op is concerned enough to replace psus in these things, I can't imagine the potential of x going down at once is a risk they want to take. And if they can afford x going down at once, then I don't see the point of replacing all psus in the first place, green initiative or not. You also are introducing other, multiple points of failure in the use of all the adapters to make it happen.

I'm going to be straight and say that isn't something I would do.

Again, have a couple of spares on the side and if they start failing, then propose a swap of the remainder.

Last edited:
Back