• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HFM.net issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong.

I know the IP of the machine with the HFM client. I know the IP of the folding machine. The remote machine is using FAH 7.4.4 and I have the newest HFM client as of today.

I configured the remote FAH client to accept my entire LAN IP range. The string reads 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/24 for the "allow" and "Allow without password". Deny is still set to 0/0. I left the port numbers alone.

I've tried turning off the firewall on both machines.

I can ping the remote machine from the main machine.

I've read and re-read the instrutions found on the google page for HFM but I'm a bit stuck.

Client worked first try on the local machine using 127.0.0.1

I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong.

I know the IP of the machine with the HFM client. I know the IP of the folding machine. The remote machine is using FAH 7.4.4 and I have the newest HFM client as of today.

I configured the remote FAH client to accept my entire LAN IP range. The string reads 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/24 for the "allow" and "Allow without password". Deny is still set to 0/0. I left the port numbers alone.

I've tried turning off the firewall on both machines.

I can ping the remote machine from the main machine.

I've read and re-read the instructions found on the google page for HFM but I'm a bit stuck.

Client worked first try on the local machine using 127.0.0.1

Change 192.168.1.0/24 to the IP of the PC your using to monitor all your folders, also no need to put /24 on the end, like this 192.168.1.101 (this is what I use).

Change 192.168.1.0/24 to the IP of the PC your using to monitor all your folders, also no need to put /24 on the end, like this 192.168.1.101 (this is what I use).

I've tried it both ways and I still can't get it to monitor.

did you add the password in the remote machines fah 7.4.4 setups. I put all my client machines on a workgroup also and configuired win7 homegroup on both locations I monitor. took a lot of work. one location has 23 clients and the other has 6. im still trying to sort out how to check them remotely using a webpage. I could not find a guide for hfm here but there is a decent one at OCN that I found.

I've tried it both ways and I still can't get it to monitor.

Post a screen shot of your Configure window with Remote Access tab checked and I'll look at it and see if I can see what is going on. That goes for you too Don :)
Also get a shot of the HFM config.
It should look something like this
hfmv7config.jpg

Last edited:
When I get home, I can post all applicable screen shots. I've tried putting in the IP of the local machine (192.168.1.134) and the IP range as is listed on the HFM.net site (192.168.1.0/24). I'm familiar with IP addressing enough to know the difference but neither option worked.

I've tried setting up FAH 7.4.4 with and without a password. Again, neither worked. Keep in mind that I have entered the IP string in both sections of the FAH client (For password and for without password).

All machines are in the same subnet. I have not created a workgroup so that's a new idea to try. I have Win 8.1 64 bit and the client machine is Vista 64 bit. I'll be adding Ubuntu 14 (I think) 64 bit very shortly.

Here are some screen shots.

Both machines are in the same workgroup.

Both machines can ping each other.

Client.jpg
Remote FAH Client1.jpg
Remote FAH Client2.jpg

Weird, I went to take screenshots and when I opened up my configuration, all the clients popped up.

I don't know what may have changed between then and now, the saved config works now.

View attachment 158722

You might want to change 127.0.01 to 127.0.0.1 :rofl::chair:

That little bit of typo cost me some time. I had restarted the client and then couldn't get back in until I found the config file and manually fixed it.

Great news. I'm an idiot. I never restarted the FAH client after making changes. I restarted the client and it picked up straight away. I'm lazy and it wasn't in the directions so I never tried it.

Thanks everyone.

don256us;7780374 Great news. I'm an idiot. I never restarted the FAH client after making changes. I restarted the client and it picked up straight away. I'm lazy and it wasn't in the directions so I never tried it. Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE said:
You're not an idiot. That explains why mine started working, I've restarted FAH on that machine since the original attempt to set up.

Maybe that should be added to the directions.

That little bit of typo cost me some time. I had restarted the client and then couldn't get back in until I found the config file and manually fixed it.

Great news. I'm an idiot. I never restarted the FAH client after making changes. I restarted the client and it picked up straight away. I'm lazy and it wasn't in the directions so I never tried it.

Thanks everyone.

Now you see why I asked for screen shots :)

Back