• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Anyone here use/used Cyanogen mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol! i could use a VPN but it would be super slow and keep disconnecting! this is a normal day in here :| 40% of pages won't load, other 60% are banned!!

Wow :(

That really sucks. I would hate being controlled by censorship..

That's good to hear you were able to get the ROM!
Let us know how the flashing goes! :thup:

That's good to hear you were able to get the ROM!
Let us know how the flashing goes! :thup:

After getting stuck in CWM with no ROM i found out that CWM is no longer supported so i installed TWRP and flashed the rom :)

I love it but i only wished it had Pie controls - expanded mode and USB tether on quick setting! Otherwise great ROM :) + i don'
t know what performance is in quick menu ! it does nothing, just says power saver ! + it didn't show any first time setup or anything ! like asking for Google account and name ! but i don't really care :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I never used pie controls; tried it once and it seemed to be a pain for my normal operating flow, so I have no useful assistance there.

As far as the rest, it sounds like you didn't download a gapps package to install with it. It doesn't come with gapps (most AOSP ROMs don't). You have to wipe in TWRP, install the ROM, then install gapps. It will ask for your google login credentials immediately after booting. I use slim gapps, which you should be able to download from here. I just use the mini package and install everything else from the play store. If you can't download from there, let me know.

Sorry, I never used pie controls; tried it once and it seemed to be a pain for my normal operating flow, so I have no useful assistance there.

As far as the rest, it sounds like you didn't download a gapps package to install with it. It doesn't come with gapps (most AOSP ROMs don't). You have to wipe in TWRP, install the ROM, then install gapps. It will ask for your google login credentials immediately after booting. I use slim gapps, which you should be able to download from here. I just use the mini package and install everything else from the play store. If you can't download from there, let me know.

yeah. turned out i was out of storage for flashing gapps :) it was like a normal text so i didn't realize it :D now its ok and awesome :) and for pie, i think there is a app for it, im not sure i will check, but i can live without it.

i thought my rom can't even boot without gapps ! so i just thought this is a slim rom or something :D

Last edited:
Yea, flash the mini Slim gapps package. There should be enough room for it. I have to use that one on my 2012 Nexus 7.

CM is great if you get a stable port. After using it, there's no way you'll ever want to go back to the terrible OEM OSs from the likes of Samsung, HTC etc.

I'm loving it on my OnePlus One! Fast, stable, smooth, great UI, it's got everything a great mobile OS needs.

CM is great if you get a stable port. After using it, there's no way you'll ever want to go back to the terrible OEM OSs from the likes of Samsung, HTC etc.

I'm loving it on my OnePlus One! Fast, stable, smooth, great UI, it's got everything a great mobile OS needs.

QFT!! :cool:

I had it on my sensation (one of the best phones i had :) ) i really loved it but i preferred ARHD

BTW: i heard they are thinking of making CM a separate OS :| I don't like that, there are so many OSes! and only few of them have any apps :D

I had it on my sensation (one of the best phones i had :) ) i really loved it but i preferred ARHD

BTW: i heard they are thinking of making CM a separate OS :| I don't like that, there are so many OSes! and only few of them have any apps :D

Now that CM has become commercialized, and after how they treated OnePlus, it does look like CM may be turning to crap. If it's incompatible with Google Play, then I certainly won't be using it.

But for now I'm happily using CM. Just flashed a CM12 nightly on my OPO, loving it so far!

Now that CM has become commercialized, and after how they treated OnePlus, it does look like CM may be turning to crap. If it's incompatible with Google Play, then I certainly won't be using it.

But for now I'm happily using CM. Just flashed a CM12 nightly on my OPO, loving it so far!

OPO also made their own Rom (Oxygen or something) they are releasing it soon!

Most good modern Android phones like Moto/Sony/HTC are pretty decent nowadays with some like Motorola & Sony being close to stock android so CM isn't as useful nowadays. For older phones with broken software out of the box (numerous Samsungs, older Droids) it was extremely useful though. My older Incredible was a complete mess with the stock ROM so CM was a huge improvement despite the bugs. For my current phone and tablet I haven't even bothered rooting since there's not really any reason to that I can find, and they work well enough compared to the older models. CM at least seemed like it started going downhill around Android 4.0, and never really recovered since the reason it existed started to die out.

Most good modern Android phones like Moto/Sony/HTC are pretty decent nowadays with some like Motorola & Sony being close to stock android so CM isn't as useful nowadays. For older phones with broken software out of the box (numerous Samsungs, older Droids) it was extremely useful though. My older Incredible was a complete mess with the stock ROM so CM was a huge improvement despite the bugs. For my current phone and tablet I haven't even bothered rooting since there's not really any reason to that I can find, and they work well enough compared to the older models. CM at least seemed like it started going downhill around Android 4.0, and never really recovered since the reason it existed started to die out.

actually even Samsung's new software isn't bad !
i got note 4 and i like the software ! unlike s4 and older phones :| they were ridicules!

Now, I have to reinstall my apps :p

Thanks for the assistance guys!
I now have a sweeeeet phone :)

I know this one is marcked solved ut I was browsing through it anyway. As for reinstalling I just wanted to suggest Titanium Backup. Pro version can make a flashable zip of your backups that you can , well .... flash through recovery. Handy little thing to have when testing roms and doing factory reset every few hours!

I know this one is marcked solved ut I was browsing through it anyway. As for reinstalling I just wanted to suggest Titanium Backup. Pro version can make a flashable zip of your backups that you can , well .... flash through recovery. Handy little thing to have when testing roms and doing factory reset every few hours!

Thanks for the suggestion actually.

I'm considering flashing an older version of cyanogenmod as the nightly build I flashed during this thread is well, unstable :p
I like the flash through recovery option in PRO, that's really convenient. :thup:

Back