• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lan ETS in Montreal, Canada (March 6-8)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice!! I really would like to go, even as a spectator, but that is not possible.

Glad to hear you will be there representing for the benching team and of course yourself.

If anyone is looking for a ride let me know. I'll be leaving from the Woodstock area. My wife backed out and I still have room for another passenger but it's going quick. So let me know.

Wish i could make it , but broke , just grabbed a z97 OCF and may need a new chip as well

Best of luck guys :)

Think about going just checking on the price of tickets and room.

Tickets $80 USD and there are rooms included but I imagine it's in a dormatory since ETS is a college.

Wish i could make it , but broke , just grabbed a z97 OCF and may need a new chip as well

Best of luck guys :)
So you still think you busted your good 4770?

well with my SS broke and intel stock cooling my only recourse it is hard to tell TBH

grabbed the ocf as it was 40 bucks off

Hopping it is my board, but once I get that i can get some juice and test it out

All this won't happen until March though as this is kind of a set back on my plans

If all went according to plan I would be sitting on 800 boints this month ready to go on vacation and buying a ticket to Montreal

Instead I am benching a 4 year old lap top and my lame water cooled Titans , buying same gen hardware as I already have and won't be able to afford any cold until March.

But I am not bitter ....... :rofl:

Sure you will have a blast. . . . . . .

Should be some great benchers there, smoke um bro :thup:

SO far I stand a pretty good chance, they've only sold 4 tickets. So the odds are in my favour.:clap:

Have fun in Mexico Witcher just be nice to that poor old liver. Ha ha

Will try hold myself back to only two Tequila lines :drool:

Sure it will sell out, May want to sell off your 980, KPE will be available prior to the event

Never show up with a knife to a gun fight :eek:

With the right bios this one has open voltage and no OCP just need to test it before I go

Ya I wanna try a couple GPUs before I go just to test my methods and make sure I get the voltage I need. I've found a special smartdoc that should give me 1.6+v on my 580DCII so I might take it along for ****s and giggles. Have no idea what the benchmarks will be going in so I wanna be ready for just about anything.

Alright phase one sown. I can alter the volts on the 980 to pretty much whatever I want. Just over 1.3 with a DMM and I picked up another 30Mhz but I'm not going to push it on air. I did gain almost 600 points. http://hwbot.org/submission/2738389_
3d11 980 19471.JPG

Last edited:
You need a gpu pot?

Thanks xsuperbgx but I already have one, came with all the stuff I got from BMWbaxter. Now I just need to learn how to use it. Ha ha I might do a trial run on one of my 580s so I don't kill the big dog on my first run. Gonna have to do some reading about prepping card and board for GPU + CPU LN2

That's cool man, I'll see ya there. Still lots of tickets left the last time I checked.

Back