• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Jetflo 120 Fan , need screws for it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s8n

Registered
hi members , with these Fans you get 4 screws and i need more to mount a Dust Filter see below............ standard Fan screws dont fit ive tried. Ive been to my local hardware chain and nothing looks equivalent and then i bought some M4 x 6mm Pan Head Screws from FrozenCPU and they just slip through the Fan screw holes ( i actually believe they shipped the wrong size but anyway )

frustrated and really need help

btw with this Fan mod and raising the internal stock Fan to 65% ive dropped the temp by 20 degrees Celsius

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/jetflo-120/

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...s_-_4_Pack_-_Black.html?id=JjTcMWmv&mv_pc=145

fqvJCf.jpg

That's the fan screw for the typical plastic frame fan. They're for digging through plastic.

You want a special machine screw. I haven't measured them. OTOH, among computers, they are unique to JetFlo fans. Write to Cooler Master support. If they won't support you, PM me.

the screws that ATM linked to look different to the ones you get with the Fan , the linked ones sort of have huge teeth on them where the Coolermaster ones dont check the below they look like that.

scr-344.jpg

hi ehume , i will write Coolermaster ASAP ill keep you guys posted

chat soon

hi ray , indeed i have someone over at Racketboy forums suggested the same thing and where i live ( Australia ) most shops are hopeless down here. All of the screws where i went were in plastic and none looked close to the Coolermaster ones.

i believe in the US shops are run differently and make more cash , Australian shops could learn a thing or two

definitely online shops here are a joke , i buy overseas 98% of the time

hi ray , indeed i have someone over at Racketboy forums suggested the same thing and where i live ( Australia ) most shops are hopeless down here. All of the screws where i went were in plastic and none looked close to the Coolermaster ones.

i believe in the US shops are run differently and make more cash , Australian shops could learn a thing or two

definitely online shops here are a joke , i buy overseas 98% of the time

Ah I understand. Didn't realize you were down in Australia.

I just sent a PM to a CM fan guy. But I haven't heard from him in a long time. We'll see.

hi guys im back with an update...................

i bought some M4 and M5 screws as a gamble and tried the M4 first no go but then tried the M5 and boom success !

problem solved , thanks to all in this Thread i really appreciate all efforts

hi guys im back with an update...................

i bought some M4 and M5 screws as a gamble and tried the M4 first no go but then tried the M5 and boom success !

problem solved , thanks to all in this Thread i really appreciate all efforts

And thank you for exploring and finding out. Now we all know!

Back