• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What u think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gmaister22

I'm building a new rig, that will be

INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.00GHZ LGA1150 - BOX
CORSAIR CMD16GX3M2A2400C11 DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB (2X8GB) DDR3 2400MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT
SAMSUNG MZ-7TE250BW 840 EVO SERIES SSD 250GB 2.5'' SATA3
ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA RETAIL WATCH DOGS BUNDLE
WESTERN DIGITAL WD20EZRX 2TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA3
EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 G2 POWER SUPPLY 1000W
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES 900D BLACK

For fans ill be using CORSAIR AIR SERIES AF120 QUIET EDITION HIGH AIRFLOW 120MM FAN

So my watercooling shopping list so far is

1) XSPC RayStorm
2) Masterkleer tubing PVC Clear
3) Alphacool 16/10 compression fitting
4) Alphacool 16/10 compression fitting 90° revolvable
5) Alphacool 16/10 compression fitting 45° revolvable
6) Phobya 2 valve for draining the loop
7) Phobya Balancer 250 black matte <- I am not sure about that one...it might look small into 900D...maybe i shall go for the Balancer 450?
8) Koolance Laing D5 top
9) Alphacool VPP655PWM - Single Edition
10) Aquacomputer Shoggy Sandwich building kit for pump
11) Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm <- will be placing that rad on top
12) Phobya G-Changer 480 V.2 - Full Copper <-That rad will go in the bottom place

What do you guys think?

I am a bit biased about the Alphacool fittings, but sadly, aquatuning doesnt have anything else (they have their own, the aquatuning fittings)

Meh on the fans.
Get Primochill Advanced LRT tubing. That Masterkleer will cloud up badly.
What GPU(s) are you cooling?

Meh on the fans.
Get Primochill Advanced LRT tubing. That Masterkleer will cloud up badly.
What GPU(s) are you cooling?

Fans are awesomely quiet :D I already have 4 and i love them

GTX 780 DCU, with their stock cooler, will replace it when titan x comes out

Yes, but they're borderline terrible for radiators.

Since you're not cooling GPU's yet, why not buy just the 360mm radiator for now?
Then, when you upgrade you can add another radiator in since you'll have to rebuild the loop anyway.

Yes, but they're borderline terrible for radiators.

Since you're not cooling GPU's yet, why not buy just the 360mm radiator for now?
Then, when you upgrade you can add another radiator in since you'll have to rebuild the loop anyway.

Cause when i will rebuild the loop, i'll only need couple more fittings (that i will get some spare ones) and some more tubing...why replacing the whole radiator when i can just get a bigger one from start? :)

edit: read wrong, thought you meant to buy 2x 360s, my bad.

Last edited:
Not replacing, adding.
You get a 360mm radiator now. When you buy the GPU and GPU block, you get another radiator.
Then, when you rebuild the loop, you add in the second radiator. Then you have two radiators.

Not replacing, adding.
You get a 360mm radiator now. When you buy the GPU and GPU block, you get another radiator.
Then, when you rebuild the loop, you add in the second radiator. Then you have two radiators.

Yeah sounds like a plan, i just wanted to fill the bottom area of the case, just for aesthetics. I'm not watercooling for extreme overclocking or something, i just want to build something that is aesthetically nice to put on my desk!

yea, just for the looks, that's why we all go water cooled (wink,wink, nudge, nudge).

What is the purpose of the build?
Will you be overclocking?

What I think without knowing the two above questions.
"CORSAIR CMD16GX3M2A2400C11 DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB" Waste of money unless going for bling factor.
"EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 G2 POWER SUPPLY 1000W" Great power supply but total overkill for anything less then 3 Gpus.
"ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA RETAIL WATCH DOGS BUNDLE" Overkill unless going for bling or looking to Oc on extreme cooling

You could go overkill on rad if you're going to go multi GPU. Just depends on how much you need. I filled up my 900D with rads for future proofing and getting it out of the way now since GPU's are pricey. I don't want to add the cost down the road say with multi GPUs. I run my fans at the lowest setting usually. Up to you. If you go more than 2 GPU's, you might need a 1200w PSU. All depends on what the GPU's ask for. I'd also look at other fans. eloop B12s are nice and the AP-53s. If you're on a budget, the Helix120s are nice as well.

Fans are awesomely quiet :D I already have 4 and i love them...t

If you insist on the Corsairs than at least go with the SP120's not the AF120's. The SP's have a higher static pressure and are made for radiators. Not the best, but certainly adequate.

Back