• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my GTX 660 run med settings @1080p for WD/AC:U/BF4 and most new games out ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

Right now playing BF3 running on high with some AA at around 60fps. I have not played much of the newer games yet but will soon like to play Watch:D/AC:U/BF4 I draw the line when I can't run a game at least at mid settings with some AA at least 35fps. So tell me do I need to upgrade ? Obviously 970 will blow the 660 away. But I would rather not spend the money if I don't have too. I've read some requirements for these newer games but they are kinda misleading sometimes. If you guys think I really have to upgrade do you see any potential bottlenecks in my specs ?

Elitist? Seriously? It's just my preference to run how the game is supposed to look. To that end, I would upgrade.

You seem comfortable at the levels you mentioned...thing is, I haven't seen 3 generations old card tested in modern games like that. Perhaps you can test it and report your fps back. If you are not satisfied, it's time to upgrade. :)

Last edited:
I run BF4 with my GTX 660Ti on High settings with no problems.

The lowest I see is 30FPS (somewhat rarely), and at the highest I see 80-100FPS. I'm usually in the range of 35-70FPS.

Considering my current main PC is running much older hardware than yours is (see below), I don't think you should have any problems.

CPU: Intel Q6600 SLACR @3.0GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
RAM: 8GB G.Skill [email protected]
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i
Video: Evga GTX 660Ti
Power Supply: Corsair HX750W

Back