• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to switch off the Intel graphics chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On a $2000.00 LAPTOP Atmin i am a bit shy of pushing the boat out that far!! :thup: So try to cut me some slack at this time, maybe later when i have had it for more than a few days or so. ;)

OK! :salute:

Ajay.
You didn't push the boat out, its still tied to the dock!!! This isn't stockpc.com!!! :p

You (should) know better than that!!!!. Overclock that thing!!!! :)

'dat pair... grow em and benchmark for real!

If the temps are in-line, you won't hurt it. There are power limits in place.
This!

Last edited:
I get the point ED! Here is my problem i have a fantastic score but i can not SUBMIT because Catzilla is still seeing my GPU as INTEL and yes i changed everything in the NVCP! You can not change the AUTO report sent from Catzilla to reflect your parts in the PC. :(

Snap 2015-01-21 at 06.28.10.png

Ajay.

EDIT: JUST FOUND A WAY TO SUBMIT SORRY EVERYONE YOU DO A MANUEL SUBMIT AND CHANGE THE GPU!

Last edited:
OK then what would you use on a laptop to OC the GPU??

My idea would be EVGA PRECISION-X ! Correct?

What has JAVASCRIPT to do with Benchmarks, because until i just installed it everything kept coming up errors etc ED?

Ajay.

Also ED can you say which setting on here would be best for top scores please? :shrug:

Snap 2015-01-21 at 06.58.58.png

Snap 2015-01-21 at 06.59.23.png

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK then what would you use on a laptop to OC the GPU??

My idea would be EVGA PRECISION-X ! Correct?
The same thing you use on a desktop. MSI AB or EVGA Precision or anything similar. Nothing changes because its a laptop really. ;)

Leave Physics on Auto. You cannot run GPU Physics as that will cause abnormally high scores in a couple of tests (Vantage to name one - though by default its disabled in Vantage IIRC).

OK will do sir and thanks for your help and time.

UP DATE: I am slowly getting there by OCing my GPU still not fully confident yet though, so here is my latest result using EVGA PRECISION-X!

Snap 2015-01-21 at 17.26.33.png

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3858984

Not a bad result by all accounts for a Laptop, maybe still some more left in the tank yet to come i just want to take it slowly please! ;)

Ajay.

Last edited:
Did some more and increased the OC on the GTX880M it seems the PRECISION-X is working well!

Snap 2015-01-21 at 18.16.00.png

Snap 2015-01-21 at 18.46.47.png

The next major thing is to try and get this working with all the 3D Benchmarks been having problems before. :(

Also does anyone have any working keys for 3D05, 3D06, and any of the other benches please??? :shrug: ;)

Regards,

Ajay.

You don't need keys to submit at the bot. There is nothing you need to change in those benchmarks to warrant the use of a kety?

Anyway, nice job! Glad to you see overclocked that GPU........a little. :p

On 3D05 and 3D06 if you have the right keys then you do not need to run the whole benchmark to gain a score, that is why i did ask. I remember Opty gave a key and so did Scotty to help me last time around, but those have stopped working ED.

Yeah on the GPU OC its working i just want to try and get some of the OLDER 3D MARKS working now and start hitting those soon after i have things set up here.

Thanks ED.

Ajay.

I remember that in 05, but not in 06.

Anyway, they stopped working? Are you sure you copied them right?

First of all i have to get these working correctly i remember from last time around it took some time had to look at different versions till i found one that will play nice.

Well some thing to keep me busy plus i still have to set up 3D Advantage got that working as far as the planes then stopped altogether on here.

See you later,

Ajay.

Weird. I install and it runs. I wonder why you are having so many issues.

It's also Vantage, no 'A'. If it quit working on the plane s as you say (the cpu/physics) tests, then it's a cpu issue... Check temps since you are stock.

Well just scared the pants off me the GTX 880M stopped working properly abt 40mins ago, it has taken all this time to find out why!! :eek: :rain: It looks like my WIN 7 stopped working properly did F2 went into the Bios and its asking abt windows so hit enter. ;) It looks like i have it all back and running again wierd though it did not CRASH just stopped doing what it does. :attn:
Well i think this is a small warning to slow down a bit and stop pushing things to hard ED, will still bench but at a slower pace! :attn: ;)

Regards,

ME.

I'm sure its nothing... but having literally no details on what happened doesn't help us help you through it.

Hi ED need some help my friend have you seen this and do you have a fix!! Been trying to get this to work installed then did it again 3 times same result each time.

Do you have a older version i could try and could you give me a link for a download please.

Snap 2015-01-22 at 20.32.23.png

Any help i would very thankful,

Ajay.

Hi ED, solved the problem with the older 3D MARKS would you believe me that by downloading them via I.E. and installing them via the same, they then work 100% i was trying to do this via GOOGLE CHROME!

A silly little thing like that can cause so many problems, ha well did some test runs and Subs, the results managed to get me second place with some Silver Cups plus points for all concerned nice work.

Waiting for a answer from HWbot on Heaven still lots to in the meantime to keep me busy. :salute: :thup:

Regards,

Ajay.

I DL and install them by Chrome just fine. weird.

I thought there was an answer in that thread...

I have no idea why but I have the same errors while running Heaven on some systems, some cards, some drivers ... like not related to one thing. Often Xtreme is passing but Basic is giving me that error.
Btw they still haven't fixed that error with localization. For example when I use Polish Windows then I have to change global settings, language etc to US or UK or benchmark will crash. Since this problem is for like 2 years then I assume they did nothing in Heaven benchmark for a long time.

IS THIS RUN ALLOWED?? :shrug:

I did sub this just in case downloaded the version of 3DMARK with SKYDIVER and it does not see my RAM or CPU TURBO SPEED!! :-/

Snap 2015-01-23 at 19.09.41.png

Regards,

Ajay.

Back