• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6 molex PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chriss218

Hey, Wondering if anyone could help me find a decent PSU which has 6 molex connectors, really the only one i've found so far with 6 is the ezcool ambiance 80+ but I was wondering if there is anything else as at 700 and 800 watt its kind of overkill on my system.

Im running a 4 bay hot swap rack and I have a front panel media centre with a molex output which is useful for me when I'm scanning and repairing other peoples systems, then currently I would like to buy a fan controller but it also requires molex power.

My current PSU is the 600W LC-Power Super Silent Green Power Edition which only has 2 sets of 2 molex heads but recently I also read that the PSU's rating may be falsely labeled.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Adapters... :)

I don't know any off the top of my head without doing the same thing you would (search). Hopefully someone swings by that has one that could help out in the meantime!

hmm I never considered adapters and I'm someone who's constantly attaching adapters to all sorts of things :p

There is a number of unused connectors that I could maybe convert depending on their outputs.

you could always wire in your own. the are not terribly hard, googling results in many DIY pages. Always fun

guess I could rewire the heads, the wire gauge all seems to be the same and I have a bunch of molex extenders left over from my hard drive power switches, guess adapters or rewiring would be a much cheaper option than buying a new PSU :p

Last edited:
it is cheaper, you might be able to find a converter from sata to molex online or splitters would be another way. wiring it your self will be cheaper

Been doing a bit of searching around and converters seem to be the simplest way and easy to get, found 4, 6 and 15 pin to molex converters for couple quid each, and even depending on the fan controllers power requirements I could possibly get away with a single ground pin on the 12v with the 4 and 6 pin converters.

Back