• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G27 spare parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lass8778

Hi.

I have made a modification on my G27, but there was a problem. After i was done with my modification i looked at some wires, because i could not find out why the middle and lower button on the right side of the steering wheel didn't work and i found a problem, the wires were snaped. It was the first time i had my G27 steering wheel disassembled, so i didnt do it my self, and i haven't had the plugs taken out of the steering wheel. Is there a place or a website where i can get a spare wheel. Only the wheel with the buttons, not the hole controller??
original.jpg

The image Is to help see whats wrong with the steering wheel and to come up with a solution.

Just pull the plug, solder wire in where it is broken, insulate it with heat shrink, and call it a day.
No need to replace the wheel for a broken wire.

was it a used wheel? I think what ATMINSIDE is saying is that when you nunplug it you should be able to get the prong out of the connector solder it then pop it back into place. that may or may not work. you might be able to get more info on it by contacting Logitech. they might be able to send you out a new connector but i have no idea, its worth a try

That plug will definitely come out, and you can definitely solder the wire back together or at least solder in extensions.

Buying a new wheel will cost you hundreds, if not over a thousand dollars for something you can take care of in 15 minutes. What exactly are you doing inside the wheel anyway???

I had wired the 2 broken wires before, but when I would change my wheel to my spare wheel, I saw that the 2 wires were broken again. but they were broken when I opened my wheel.

(I have a adapter for a 350mm spare wheel and a 350mm wheel IMG_1098.JPG ).

it seems to me the wires on that plug were too short any way, I would try and find a dead electronic components with the same sort of plug inside, clip it off and solder the new plug with wires to the existing wires in your harness in the wheel, heatshrink and hot glue them down and call it good, should keep them from breaking and the hot glue will act as a strain relief.

super common connector probably find a lot in old mice and/or keyboards

It looks like you tried to solder the wires together. You cannot do that without splicing and heat shrinking it later.

You need to remove the connectors from the plastic to fix it properly. You also may have to splice in some extra wire.

Here is what I am talking about for the connector. It may not be exactly the same but the theory is the same.

As for adding extra wire....

Another option is to contact Logitech. Their customer service is legendary. They may be able to send you a new wire harness.

Good luck.....

FYI, I've talked to Logitech about wheel parts before, they won't send pieces.
Feel free to try it, but don't expect anything in the realm of parts. Also, since the wheel has been opened, it likely voided any warranty you may have.

FYI, I've talked to Logitech about wheel parts before, they won't send pieces.
Feel free to try it, but don't expect anything in the realm of parts. Also, since the wheel has been opened, it likely voided any warranty you may have.

good point about the void.

well try to solder it!

Back