• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raspberry Pi help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I have a Raspberry Pi but little knowledge on what to do with it. I'd like to try many "small" projects. Set it up, make it do something cool one day then start fresh the next day and do something new.

1) I don't know much of anything about coding.
2) I have little knowledge in this area and am starting from a low level beginner.
3) I have the funds to buy little items for projects here and there.
4) I'm looking at projects that can be done in a few hours at a beginner level.

I'm looking for a book that will guide me step by step. Maybe Pi for dummies or something? I am A+ and Network+ and I've been in the PC world for many years. I'd like to branch out and need a good starting point.

Good call on that. I'm also interested in something in book form. Dead tree with ink tattoos and bound that I can display on a shelf next to other said tree carcus'.

Sub'd.

Mine is still sitting around collecting dust.
Did you get the new B+ model don?

Are you looking to learn programming? Or just things you can do with a Linux ARM computer?

I personally wouldn't recommend learning to program on the Raspberry Pi if you have not done programming before. A PC is much more convenient. I would at least learn the basics on a PC first.

Back