• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[MASSDROP] O2 Hurricane Industrial Canless Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My question would be, how does it stack up against the DataVac?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0DZ-000N-00003

Comments:
Pros: It's like a tornado in a soda can. I bought it to dust out my atx full tower...it did that in 5 seconds then took out the rest of my basement with it. Papers, greeting cards, receipts and wall scrolls all over the place. Dust clouds flew from every monitor and my hdtv. I wasn't ready for the power at all.

Just a quick lookup for NewEgg, doesn't look like people are happy with the O2 Hurricane.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5D52D35262

Comment:
Cons: Hurricane? Are you kidding? It should be called Summer Breeze. It blows air, but nowhere near the force of canned, compressed air -- this is a completely different animal

Last edited:
Can't recommend them enough :D

Someone on here posted the DataVac a while back and I ended up grabbing one, great investment for me for over a year now.

Ah, I see, the DataVac isn't cordless. That explains the cost differential.

No, but a 12ft cord SHOULD be plenty honestly. You should be plugging up your pc nearby anyway, lol.

0.75 horsepower of greatness!

No, but a 12ft cord SHOULD be plenty honestly. You should be plugging up your pc nearby anyway, lol.

0.75 horsepower of greatness!

Oh, I'm not saying the cord wouldn't be plenty (at least for most people), but some people could definitely prefer cordless.

I'd love an air compressor, but that'll happen when I move to a house.

I bet the charges in that thing are nearly unlimited. Hehehe.
RGone...
Yup though not really relevant to buy one just to blow the dust out of the PC. It is a must if you do work around the house, especially trim work! I couldn't imagine pre-drilling holes and using using a hammer to put up moulding like I used to.

Yup though not really relevant to buy one just to blow the dust out of the PC.
I always recommend people picking up a small air compressor vs. spending $60-$70 on the DataVac. I'm sure it's a fine product, but I can't imagine spending that much money on something that serves only one purpose, and certainly not $80-$90 on something that's battery operated.

If you use a compressor make sure you keep the line pressure set below 10psi to avoid moisture from the tank migrating through the line.

Back