• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help setting up my clients for max ppd, (and stomping subpar)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I am folding with a 7970 in one rig, driver 14.9, 14.12 borks my system, and a small clock and a 290 in another rig with a slight clock, driver 14.12.
what can I do in the client. 7.4.4 to improve my ppd? subpar has lesser gear and is making me look very nancy in high heels and fishnets!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!

subpar, you look in here again and it looks like>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :forecast:

click on configure - go to slots tab
highlight the gpu and click edit at the bottom
scroll down to extra slot options and click add

In the Name field put client-type
in the Value field put advanced

Click ok, ok and save.
It wont take effect until the completion of the current work unit.
Ive always had mine set that way.

Thank you, I have them both set to advanced, we'll see how they do. (perhaps subpar will sneak a peak and follow suit)

I am stll only picking up 0x17-13000 wu's, so we will have to give it a day or two

As far as I know, your not going to get rid of the 13000 series workunits. And right now all the work units
are core 17 for AMD cards.

Right now im running 3 of those workunits.

if I pull one of my 7970's and put in my gtx770 will I have to reinstall my client to account for the driver change?

whistled to the tune of your choice........
ole caddis a dip**** yes siree, his 7970's were underperforming:bang head, configured his slots and what did he see, stupid schmuck forgot his passkey:mad:........

Back