• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAA

Hi, in device manager under "Other devices" there is NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device and I can't get rid of it or know what it is. It's not GeForce experience because I installed that and it's still there. Just installed my 980GTX and it runs great except it does this almighty hiccup sometimes in all games, image and sound freezes for about 0.5s.

Nvidia_device_manager.jpg

Newer Nvidia cards Run audio right through the Video card (Via HDMI) thats why your seeing that. you sould be able to right clock it and disable it if you are trying to use onboad sound. also go into sound and make sure your using your onboard ausio sometimes that gets switched up as well. don't know anything about the hicup what drivers are you running and what games is this happening in?

Newer Nvidia cards Run audio right through the Video card (Via HDMI) thats why your seeing that. you sould be able to right clock it and disable it if you are trying to use onboad sound. also go into sound and make sure your using your onboard ausio sometimes that gets switched up as well. don't know anything about the hicup what drivers are you running and what games is this happening in?

I'm only using displayports as far as I can tell, using all 3 of them for surround. I don't understand why it has a question mark on it or why installing the NVIDIA driver doesn't fix it. Got a Soundblaster ZXR, it runs OK but I have to use 16bit for iRacing or the sound stops sometimes, happens with another ZXR too so must be driver related, no problems running 24bit in BF4, may be related to DX9 as iRacing is still DX9. Not sure if the hiccup relates to the thing with NVIDIA in device manager, also did some things to reduce DPC latency, might have to go back and undo those things. Any help much appreciated cheers.

sound might even run through the display port im not 100% sure. your hicup might be caused b the sound drivers. according o your screenshot the drivers look like they are insalled try disabling the Nvidia sound that might help. why are you using an addin sound card?

Well there's no sound device for it and no driver for it as far as I can tell. ZXR is great with SBX Pro Studio and good set of headphones, I hear peeps coming from a mile away in any direction in BF4. The hiccup only started after I installed my 980GTX, before that I had 770GTX SLI. The 980GTX has some artifacts if I leave everything at default but only in iRacing, using +50mV seems to fix it. It's an EVGA Superclock and some of the ones I've had in the past of have done the same thing out of the box.

These errors keep appearing in event manager too ..

Faulting application name: nvxdsync.exe, version: 8.17.13.4709, time stamp: 0x548bee25
Faulting module name: nvxdapix.dll, version: 8.17.13.4709, time stamp: 0x548bf008
Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Will try disabling the NVIDIA service.

it almost sounds like the card might be defective. that or there might be an issue like i had with a 780HOF there was a button on the back for ocing if it was off the screen would go wonkey unless the button was on and it was a commong problem. maybe this is a common problem with the EVGA cards as well. heck there might even be a bios update for it. have you tried different drivers?

New drivers just came out this morning. Reinstall using custom install and clean install. Then opt out of everything audio and 3D related, that should just leave drivers, physix, and GF experience if you want that. If you have a stand alone sound card and aren't using 3D, then don't install that stuff :)

Found an article on DPC latency reduction that had this same entry in the device manager, they said just disable it, still not sure what it is or how it's used or where the driver is for it. Anyway, I had another major glitch and immediately had a look in event manager. The only thing that happened as far as I can see is that Background Intelligence Transfer Service started, did some service tweaking a couple of weeks ago and set it to Manual, have now disabled it. So will try that and latest driver too cheers.

It's Miracast Audio which was a new option in the latest driver, no longer seeing Other device. Had 1% cpu utilization before too all the time, couldn't see what was causing it though. It now drops to 0% in task manager so long as everything is closed. The glitch wasn't Background service thing, did it again in BF4 after about 60 minutes, funny thing is it only does it once but it's an almighty glitch, enough to cause loss of control in iRacing.

Back