• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg marketplace - is this even within the TOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I just got this email:

Dear Customer,

How's everything going?

May we know have you received your item and howâ~@~Ys it?

Your satisfaction is very important to us. If there is any problem of the
product or our service, please feel free to let us know. We will try our
best to serve you better.

To return for our customerâ~@~Ys support , those who received this message
and leave us positive feedback with 5 eggs before January 31 will get some
proportion cash back, max up to 100% of the order amount.

Please click the button [Rate this seller] in your order history page to
rate us. In the meanwhile, please remember to write something about us.

If there is any question, please feel free to contact us!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Newegg Seller EachBuyer
Kera

Anybody know the answer to whether or not Newegg allows this? Or anybody else get something like this before?

Wow!

I actually haven't bought anything from Newegg for a long time and haven't bought anything that wasn't directly from Newegg. There's no way that could be in their TOS for a reseller.

I don't see myself using Newegg much anymore since they got rid of shoprunner shipping. I stick with Amazon now to use Prime.

Trying to chat with Newegg, but firewall at work doesn't seem to like the chat app.

Apparently they are ok with it:

Torin3: I received this email from a marketplace seller:
Torin3: ----- From: <EachBuyer> To: <Torin3> -----

Dear Customer,

How's everything going?

May we know have you received your item and howâ~@~Ys it?

Your satisfaction is very important to us. If there is any problem of the
product or our service, please feel free to let us know. We will try our
best to serve you better.

To return for our customerâ~@~Ys support , those who received this message
and leave us positive feedback with 5 eggs before January 31 will get some
proportion cash back, max up to 100% of the order amount.

Please click the button [Rate this seller] in your order history page to
rate us. In the meanwhile, please remember to write something about us.

If there is any question, please feel free to contact us!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Newegg Seller EachBuyer
Kera
Torin3: Are they allowed to offer cash incentives for positive reviews?
Phoenix Z.: Thank you for providing me with that information. I will be more than happy to assist you. May I please place you on hold for a moment while I look into this?
Torin3: No problem.
Phoenix Z.: Thank you for holding, Todd. I am not sure if the seller will offer a cash as a token of appreciation since we do not have their policy on file. However, according to the email, they will provide some rebates. I would like to suggest you to contact the seller directly at 0755-83676129 or [email protected] for confirmation.
Torin3: I just wanted to make sure that them offering wasn't a violation on their part. It seemed like something newegg would want to avoid to keep the review system fair.
Phoenix Z.: Since the item is sold and shipped by the seller, they may need the positive reviews. We will post the reviews as long as they are about the products. You might also want to login to your account and click on the link below to review “Product Review Guidelines".
http://www.newegg.com/Info/PostingPolicy.aspx

Torin3: Ok. Thank you very much. That was everything.

The newegg rep didn't really seem to understand what was going on. If they do, then that is pretty crappy.

Newegg certainly gone downhill.... agreed that "rep" was pulling from a list of canned responses. Definitely not helpful, and definitely crappy business practices. I'll avoid the marketplace completely, especially that vendor - it's obvious bribing people for good reviews isn't a concern for Newegg, which means those reviews aren't the kind of feedback I would want to base a purchase off of.

Sad, Newegg.... sad. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Newegg certainly gone downhill.... agreed that "rep" was pulling from a list of canned responses. Definitely not helpful, and definitely crappy business practices. I'll avoid the marketplace completely, especially that vendor - it's obvious bribing people for good reviews isn't a concern for Newegg, which means those reviews aren't the kind of feedback I would want to base a purchase off of.

Sad, Newegg.... sad. :(

Hello torin3,

It is truly distressing to see of what one of our Marketplace Sellers have been sending to our customers.
This is something my upper management would like to review. If possible, please email us at [email protected] with your order details and please include the email that was sent to you by this seller. I am sorry for any inconvenience that you had to endure.

-Newegg Support

Hello torin3,

It is truly distressing to see of what one of our Marketplace Sellers have been sending to our customers.
This is something my upper management would like to review. If possible, please email us at [email protected] with your order details and please include the email that was sent to you by this seller. I am sorry for any inconvenience that you had to endure.

-Newegg Support

Thank you for the reply. I have forwarded the email as requested.

I was not inconvenienced, but I couldn't believe it was something Newegg found acceptable. Thank you for confirming it isn't.

The ironic thing is that I've been trying to review most of my purchases, and likely would have left them a favorable review had I not gotten this email.

I haven't left a review yet, but was considering a 1 star one as a result of the email.

Thank you again for replying, and I'll be happy to assist in any way I can.

Glad to see the rep is paying attention here. Thanks for being responsive, Newegg.

As a side note.... to pass along, I still shop Newegg as a first choice for most of my electronics-related purchases (certainly computer-based), but I find myself ordering more and more from Amazon. I have Prime and when the pricing is extremely comparable, Amazon usually gets the nod for the 2-day delivery. Some things it doesn't pay to try to get on Amazon, and Newegg still has better specs and information, but when piecing together a small order of multiple items, saving $10-15 on shipping charges and getting it quicker usually results in Amazon getting the nod.

Just some feedback... not sure if there's any chance of improvement here, it's tough to compete with a company the size of Amazon.

Well the upshot is that a couple of days ago Newegg sent me a knit hat with the Newegg logo, no charge.

Nice thought, but not necessary.

I haven't left a review, and on this product/store, I don't plan to. I will note that they have 23 one egg reviews to 19 five egg reviews.

Back