• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-970A-DS3P / FX-6300 Overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creativized

Registered
Hello! I recently upgraded from my crappy X4 640/Gt220 to this rig i have in sig.

I was googling a lot when i was waiting for components so i can easily jump into overclocking and squez it up to 4.2Ghz+ with no problem when i have relative good psu, cooler and mid range mobo when a lot of peoples was ocing on this stuff too. So i was watching youtube, google reading threads about OCing, and no one had problems with OC.

Mine problem is:

I OCed to 3.6Ghz (from 3.5) i saved and left bios, pc shut down, then it was trying to start for 2times, and then it was working, pc was running withou problem. I started some stress testing in prime95 and i was looking for temps in speedfan and clock speed in cpuz. Everything was fine! I had temperatures after 15min test around 45-50°C i think it was really great imo. So i boosted it to 3.7Ghz no volt adds, no other stuff wasnt changed. Pc again started to starting for 2times then it was ok. After loading prime95 (just starting program) pc crashed (lag) so i hard reset it and let it start. BSOD appeared so i went down to 3.6Ghz and it was fine in win, but my pc cannot start at one try. (I hope you understand my english isnt 10/10).

I have no idea what to do now. I want to overclock it as much i can go. I can run cpu at low temps with huge cooler i have, but some "soft" failures wont let me overclock... Im running at stock now, here are screenshots from bios (its updated 2014 version)

Can anyone help me what to do now? Im using W7 HP 64Bit.

After i just wrote this thread, i had BSOD with this,... im running at stock bios settings :(
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002AA177E
BCP3: FFFFF8800668F010
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012215-16988-01.dmp
C:\Users\creativized\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32058-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Welcome to OCF creativized,
If the PC is failing to run P95 then you likely need to add some V-Core. The double boot is normal on the Giga boards so no worries. In the bios make sure you have C1e,C6 and C&Q disabled, enable HPC, APM and set your turbo speed to the CPU speed and the double boot should stop.
I would also suggest reading through this guide http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663

Thank you and sorry mandrake, i didnt knew that, i was looking for something like that but i didnt found it.

Thanks! I was writing here with help for building my new pc, but my purchase was a little bit delayed till now.

So, i know how it works a little bit. That its different ways to OC cpu, heat is bad, more vcore = more heat. I dont want hardcore oc with this build, ofc i cant i dont have mobo for that and stuff. But i think i can get around 4.XGhz.

You didnt understanded me i think, i was about to start P95 but it crashed (no bsod, just lag for 1minute then i reseted pc). I was able to run P95 at 3.8ghz once, then i had BSOD.

So i will try set up stuff like you said to prevent from this "boot loop" at start, and then i try add multiplier from 17.5 (def) to 18.5 that means its 3.7Ghz and run for few minutes P95 and i will come back if everything goes well.

I saw there is something about max temps at FX cpu's. I saw many peoples was OCing theyr FX cpu and they was trying to reach maximum 70°C temp. Here is 55-60. I have no problems with temps, i have 20-25 in idle (if "core" temp in Speedfan is exactly my CPU)

And sometimes i feel in windows (7 hp 64) that my pc is slower and sometimes i have micro lags, or larger lags like for 1-3seconds

Well 4Gb of 1333 is kind of lacking in the memory department which might explain some of the "slow" feeling.

Ah, so its because of rams probably. Im using only half of rams when doing nothing (Browsing net 3tabs in chrome, installing game)

Yes but there are spikes and if the ram isn't available it writes to cache which is slower. You would be better off with 2x4Gb 1866, doesn't mean that won't work but the other would just work better. 1333 at Cl9 is very slow ram.

The max temps you should be looking for on the FX CPU is 62 on the package temp and 70 on socket temps.

Make sure all the power saving features are turned off like Johan had stated

I found one 4GB DDR3 Ram Kingston HyperX Fury Blue but im not sure whats the timings and frequency on it. And one fact, that ram was working on some computers only. On friends pc, it doesnt know there is ram but it was connected properly. In brothers pc it was working only sometimes, sometimes dont. Can i try to mount her into mobo?

Edit: found her, its this http://www.alza.sk/kingston-4gb-ddr3-1333mhz-cl9-hyperx-fury-series-d1434083.htm

Well, i did same thing as you told me to do, for not bootlooping at start.
Everything was going well so i decided to start overclocking.

(sorry for links, but images are from bios in bmp 2.5mb each)

I changed multiplier to 18 thats 3.7Ghz, prime for 10minutes, everything is good. Lets add some more

Multiplier: 18.5 3.8Ghz, cant even run prime for longer than 5seconds or less. Lets add vcore +0.025
I think pc crashed (lag) after start of stress testting.

Shall i add more vcore? Temps are good at 3.7 (max 38)

Oh thats nice, i didnt even know i can buy some items on newegg for that cheap shipping! Only 0.99$ Thats only 0.85€ wich is awesome. So sad i didnt knew it faster :( Thank you, i have some money so probably i will buy them asap!

You'll have to add voltage untill it passes, just keep an ey on your temps.

4_8.JPG

This is a pic of HWMonitor free version. You see the red is the socket temp max 70ish and the yellow is the core max 62ish.

i dont get it a little bit. I have this 10926417_1572200946326922_4339837424124959101_n.jpg so my cpu can run only at max 47C? Im confused right now. I just need to know max temps :D Someone is saying that 60 is max, someone 70 is max. 100threads 100 different answers (this is one of the best websites imo for this stuff)

(yes i screenshoted it with phone, because i wanted to discuss with phone so i dont need to reopen chrome always etcň but i cant upload images here from phone.)

Testing 3.9Ghz 5minutes was everything okay, note it freezes. Add more vcore if I'm right? Always add more vcore when pc crash and temperatures are okay?

Last edited:
62c on Package temp is max. Socket temp is completely different reading it is 70C max.

Yes as long as temps are good add a little more vcore

I'm dumb,I still don't get how high I can go with temperatures. I'm sorry I just don't understand everythingwhat you say :-( I need straight answer like "Yes you can go to max 70C" or something like that :-D

Back