• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Estimated worth of this hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

Don't know where else to put this, as I don't want to sell it on this forum, so the classifieds one don't really fit but what would you say is the 2015 value of this gaming laptop I bought a while back for $2,000?

i7 2670QM
8 GB RAM
GTX 580m (the best mobile graphics processor at the time)
2x 750GB 7200rpm drives
Windows 7
1080p display

Um.

Not sure what else to say about it. It's an MSI Force 1761 barebones.

It can max Crysis 2 on Ultra at 1080p.

Ideally I'd like to get $500-$750 out of it but...

Given the advances of laptops since then, I'd realistically expect 400$. Unless it says "Alienware" on it, its probably gonna be a stretch to get that much.

Given the advances of laptops since then, I'd realistically expect 400$. Unless it says "Alienware" on it, its probably gonna be a stretch to get that much.

I figured it would be. Computers seriously depreciate faster than cars lmao. Sigh.

I think its worth more than $400. I'd pay $500 for that laptop.. Assuming the battery was still good and no dead pixels.

The battery is fine and there are no dead pixels, plus I forgot it has a Killer Wireless wifi card, and a bunch of cool buttons on the front, a fans to maximum button among other things.

I figured it would be. Computers seriously depreciate faster than cars lmao. Sigh.

The battery is fine and there are no dead pixels, plus I forgot it has a Killer Wireless wifi card, and a bunch of cool buttons on the front, a fans to maximum button among other things.

This is a laptop, correct? what brand and model, that would simplify things greatly.

Looks like $400-500 on ebay. Probably less on a forum like this one (since forum pricing is usually lower than ebay pricing).

Maybe a little more if you've made upgrades to it that weren't there as stock.

Has it been upgraded?

So update on this. My friend is offering me $450 for it, what do you think? Should I take it? I can get a new 32 GB iPad Air 2 for that much with student discount, or be about $300 usd away from 2x GTX 980s. (Jobless college student, lot of money for me.)

Considering most were saying $400 at most for the laptop, I'd take it.

Back