• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lenovo ThinkPad T530?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Domino

Still decent for today? I'll be using it for university level Engineering applications, coding, and light gaming (DOTA, CSGO, etc).

Someone beat me to it and grabbed a refurbished ACER I was going to pick up. Next avaliable option is the T530. I'm waiting for MemoryExpress' next clearance sale, so unless they have something better for cheaper, this might be my next laptop.

Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad T530
Core i5-3320M
4GB
500GB
DVD+/-RW
15.6in HD+
NVIDIA NVS 5400M
Win 7 Pro via Win 8 Pro Licence

It'll be on sale for 550 CAD.

IMHO the guy that Yanked the ACER from you did you a favor. i have random family memebers and just my personal experience with ACER mobile pc market or small form factor has not been that great, i would stay away. the only thing that would make me a lil worried is the video on your current laptop as i have never seen an NVS 5400M but being its nvidia and as long as its supported by the games (some mobile gpu's are not) and given the games you plan on playing i would say you should be ok

as far as coding well i dunno much about the applications you use but if they are light applications then you have no worries there too

Back