• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK TY doing that now and stressing using Prime95.

edit..

NB Freq Idle

NB Freq Idle.png

NB Freq Stress

NB Freq Stress.png

NB Freq 2hrs

NB Freq Stress.png

Now since this is stable with the NB stable at 2200 I am having a hang-up when trying to type anywhere. I can close out of websites without any problems just hangs during typing anywhere. Any idea to why this is happening?

Last edited:
ok im taken a break on this cause I cant find out what going on and I been at it for awhile now

but if anyone knows anything about this plz respond

goodnight and be safe

It may be just an isolated incident. I would keep it there and see if the problem persists.

Were you typing while running P95? If so that's the problem. P95 uses 100% of the CPU so "interrupting" it takes time so you see lags. I would go ahead and bump the NB speed to 2400 and see how it works out.

John this happened when I upped the NB Freq to 2200 and the volts to 1.25

Were you typing while running P95? If so that's the problem. P95 uses 100% of the CPU so "interrupting" it takes time so you see lags. I would go ahead and bump the NB speed to 2400 and see how it works out.

I haven't put it back , I I will try go try it again brb

Edit :
ok I put it bk and still had the no typing issue, but as soon as I put it bk to 2000 and stock Volts everything is fine
am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
What about changing the speed and not the voltage? You're setting the NB Core voltage correct?

ok I just to Raise the NB only and still have the typing issue , and I was told ,if you look at the screenshot I had to put the NB Core which is the 3rd from the top from 1.16 to 1.25

Hmm I need to think about that a bit. The NB stock speed is 2200. You shouldn't be getting issues from running at that speed. Try setting the ram voltage manually to 1.55v

no the NB Freq is 2000 Stock not 2200 and I did trying upping the Ram volts to 1.55

DSCN0364[1].JPG

Ok then, I know Mandrake in particular had issues with a set of 1866 Gskil that required some higher voltage for the NB to run correctly. What you describe sounds ram related but you said that P95 ran for 2 hrs but still have this laggy typing issue?

nooo , this has nothing to do with Prime lol , this started to happen when I tried to fine tune my system

nooo , this has nothing to do with Prime lol , this started to happen when I tried to fine tune my system

Now since this is stable with the NB stable at 2200 I am having a hang-up when trying to type anywhere. I can close out of websites without any problems just hangs during typing anywhere. Any idea to why this is happening?

I was just trying for some clarification. Yes you did run P95 with the NB at 2200 and no issues. Aside from the typing problem.
Just to help problem solve roger try setting the NB core to 1.3 an speed at 2200 . See if the problem still persists.

ok let see if I can word this better

meaning I run Prime Stable @ 2200 but after running it to show you that it ran stable , I was trying to type it on my PC but I couldn't ,it wouldn't let me it was freezing or Hanging

so I got on my Wifes PC to say what was going on , but yes your right I did have the NB Freq @ 2200 and ran stable , but it not letting me type , so I had to bring the NB back to 2000

in order to type , I hope you understand it now , im so sry for the miscommunication

Johan I recall someone else having an issue similar to this on a Ud3 when trying to raise the Nb Frequency. I'll have to search later when I'm home to see if I can find the thread. That said you do have a point with eh voltage and to be exact with my ram at 1866 and the Nb frequently at 2200 I need 1.3875 Cpu Nb voltage to be 2 hours stable. What is confusing is that it's passing 2 hours and still having issues.

OK TY doing that now and stressing using Prime95.

edit..

NB Freq Idle

View attachment 159186

NB Freq Stress

View attachment 159187

NB Freq 2hrs

View attachment 159187

WHY IS THE COMMAND RATE OF 1T OR 2T GREYED OUT YET IT SHOWS IN THE SPD SECTION IN CPU-Z???

On my CPU-Z IT IS SHOWING!!

Snap 2015-01-27 at 20.18.15.png

DOES AMD DO THINGS ANY DIFFERENTLY?

Ajay.

Last edited:
Back