• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Well all day I have been overclocking my System Slowly
cause im only on Air and I don't know nothing about the FX Series CPU'S

anyway someone told me to push this CPU as far as I can on Air so I did that,
all I did was up the multiplier , I didn't touch nothing else , wait yes I did
I disabled CnQ and APM ,so I hit the lvl of 5.0GHz heres the proof

http://valid.x86.fr/7rglpb

now I have an Idea of how high it might go , but where so I start ,do I keep
raising the multiplier until it don't boot and then stress it for 1-2hrs?

any info would be great thanks , im sry if this has been answered alrdy
, its just hard for me to understand as I have a learning Disability , but that's not going to
hold me back , as im willing to learn slowly

Thanks Roger

Roger, Congrats and welcome to the 5GHz club!

Couple things. Are you looking for your max stable OC or just Max OC because they are completely different.

For max stable OC (what you will run on a daily basis) Follow RGone's Guide HERE.

For max OC, stability is irrelevent and yes you keep upping the multi til you get a BSOD or freeze. The link will explain all.

EDIT: I really like Dolk's guide for Phenoms and FX chips as they are extremely similar to OC. I find his guide to be the most "step by step" one out there.

Last edited:
ok sweet ty guys and I do got one Question what Prime95 test should I be using the

Small ,Large or Blend

Thanks RGone really Appreciate your guide and your help on this overclock
right now im sitting at 4.6 @ 1.40Volts ,temp are doing great , but im not sure
Take a look it been running almost 20mins , I got 40mins left

overclock4.png

You have a bit of room yet Roger, keep the package 62c or lower and the socket (CPU) 70c or lower. You're doing fine.

Hey Roger...

...There are many tools and views that those of us 1000s of miles away can use to see inside that case of yours. I am going to put up four pics that we like to see in order to estimate what the hey is going on at the other end.

I cannot see the voltages and I cannot see the hard drive temps since the + is not clicked on the menu broken on out. Because we cannot see the voltages we or "I" cannot guesstimate the Vdoop under load and where the LLC might be set on that Giga board. That case is supposed to be a high dollar case and with enough fans in it should nOt have a system temp as high as it is showing. AND a 6300 at 1.4V should not really be at 58c max on the core/package temps. Well at least in my mind I have a bit of wondering. Others may n0t but I do.

Honestly I do not care at all for seeing P95 as a capture. If one wants to fib about it...well so much for that. What we really do need for diagnosis is the 4 captures exactly as shown below. They are open to the things we can look at from Afar to see what is going on up there in ME.

I feel the need to see the real stuff, since it is said around that the Giga boards run hot. Need all the rest of the temps besides the Video card to use as thermal indicator of what is up up there.
RGone...

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

I have no idea what your talking about
, im getting no where fast my HWBOT summits are being , aww n/m im just going to
delete them

, im getting no where fast my HWBOT summits are being , aww n/m im just going to
delete them

He is saying that to help you need to supply some information. The information comes from Hardware Monitor free version and CPU-Z. You need to download those apps and stress test your machine and take screen captures of the windows RGone is showing you and then upload them to this thread. Then RGone and others will be able to get an idea of what you need to do to stabilize your overclock.

ok I hope this is what your asking for and hope I do it right

Idle Temps

IDLE 4.6.png

Load temps after 24mins

Full Load.png

Attachments

• Full Load.png
    Full Load.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 789
Working on HWMonitor Image...

...this one first. We use the Memory Tab to see actual settings of ram to compare with what the SPD Tab shows and to see what speed the CPU_NB is using.
RGone...

1xRoger.jpeg

delete them
Don't get dejected. It takes time. The guys here will help you out. Don't delete anything yet, and don't give up. There is a learning curve for everything. Some of us have been doing this for a decade or more. You can't be expected to keep up immediately.

Rodger what is your goal at 4.6? Are you looking for it to just run there for benching or are you looking for 24/7 stability. If 24/7 stability is your goal, see if it will pass at least 2 hours Prime 95 Blend. You temps are fine so if you fail at some point add voltage if necessary.

Then:
If 24/7 stability is your goal, see if it will pass at least 2 hours Prime 95 Blend. You temps are fine so if you fail at some point add voltage if necessary. I find if I can pass 2 hours blend I can do anything I want with my rig and it will not crash.

Well I finally finished the 2hrs of Prime without no Errors heres a SS of it , so whats next?

wprime2hrs.png

Back