• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones ~$150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT!

So yeah I know I posted a thread a few days ago, but my HA-RX 700's broke the same day I posted that and now I'm going to splash out and take advantage of my Asus Essence STX sound card and get a decent set of headphones.

So any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I'm looking for a over the ear full sized pair of headphones with really big cups. Something that's not going to press anywhere on my ear. Looking for something bassy, closed back, and ideally nothing with a big band like my old HA-RX 700, i never really liked that. Don't need a mic or anything like that and they really don't need to be portable at all.

Use them for money movies, tv shows and some blasting of music.

Thanks for any advice!

the pair that i used are made by corsair Vengeance i have the the usb ones i used to have the triton square ones with 4 or 5 drivers in each ear and to tell you the truth they were not as good as the corsair. the corsair headphones did a better job at simulating 7.1 surround then the tritons did at actual 5.1. you might want to head over to a store and see them first hand.

What's your budget?

Sparkey, he's not looking for that kind of headphones...
Think audiophile, not headset.

His budget is $150 as per his title.

Some recommendations for under $150:
- Brainwavz HM5

- NVX Audio XPT100

Recommendations for the $150 - $200 range just for more options:
- SoundMAGIC HP100

- Shure SRH840

Missed that big time.... Oops.

I'd be looking at the Sennheiser HD 558 (for open back)
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

Or HD 380 Pro (for closed back)
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380-Pro-Collapsible-Professional/dp/B001UE6I0G

Quite like the look of the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Back