• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7970 HDMI Not Reporting 120hz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well overall tvs aren't great for input lag compared to monitors, then when a TV does 3d it is splitting the refresh rate to be able to display both images.

Strange. You'd think that the DTS MA tracks in MPC or VLC would just play then, but they don't. Power DVD is the only player I've found that allows the uncompressed audio to pass through.

On another note, just tried 3D gaming, and my god there is an unbearable amount of input lag.

Are you playing a video file that has been converted or playing a disc? I don't use discs, but all I do is play the file, righclick the scrren, select audio and select the audio track I want to use and I get that audio.

I'm not sure about discs (only Power DVD plays blurays) but when I play downloaded movies, I don't think it matters what audio track I select, but I'll fiddle with it when I get home tonight.

Here's a screenshot from MPC

screenshot.jpg

My receiver only reports PCM. Not DTS-MA like it does when I use power DVD.

Wow, sorry for the awful picture...

Followed the instructions you provided to the T. Still only shows PCM. I already had FFDshow from when I needed it for Power DVD.

I've been trying to find what it is. I'm assuming it's something in MPC because the FFD codecs work fine with Power DVD.

This is incredibly frustrating... lol

Back