• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about connecting pump+res together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Swiftech resevoir comes with stainless steel mesh and foam filter , What those do?

The mesh and foam basically stop the bubbles from entering the pump into the loop again, filter any possible debris and stop any cyclone effects in the reservoir that might try to take place.

That's mean I don't have to use silver killcoil?

You do need to use the silver killcoil as a biocide.

If you haven't read out water cooling stickies, please do so as there's lots of valuable information.

Again,thank you for your answer .
Here's the final build -
gSND2op.jpg
anything that can be changed ,or it's good?

There's only one last thing you're missing for your CPU only loop. Ironically a CPU block. :p Check out the XSPC Raystorm or the Swiftech XL to name a few.

Make sure you take measurements to make sure the radiator and fans you picked will fit up top and not hit the MB since it looks pretty tight up there. You can also remove the HD cages in the front and place the radiator there as well.

As for the tubing, I would maybe say, 5 feet is more than enough for you as long as you're not making too many mistakes or just grab a retail pack of 10 feet if you still want that much extra laying around.

You will also only need 6 compression fittings but if you're adding 2 more to have extras in case you add more to the loop or change the reservoir and pump configuration, that is fine as well. Also angled fittings are a plus if you know exactly how you want to route your loop.

I would also maybe go with a smaller tubing size since that tubing you chose is the biggest and very thick for a mid size case. It doable works but its going to be tough moving it around, me thinks. I'll let someone else that has more experience with the smaller sizes have a say since I only use that big size in my loop in a super tower.

Sorry I forgot to mention it but I have the raystorm block.
And about the tubing and the fittings, I'm taking extra because it's my first time building, and I want to have enough just in case.

Sorry I forgot to mention it but I have the raystorm block.
And about the tubing and the fittings, I'm taking extra because it's my first time building, and I want to have enough just in case.

Just add a few angles in the mix. 90s/45s etc. Should help you better route the loop.

Xspc fittings are good enough or I have to take Bitspower?

Last edited:
Either or is fine. I personally like Bitspower but that doesn't matter. Its up to you with which one you want. Just don't mix and match. Stick with the same company all the way through.

If I'm planning to adding a single gpu to the loop in a few months , should I need to take a d5 pump like the swiftech mcp655 or the mcp50x is enough?

Last edited:
Because alot of people saying that the d5 pumps are more reliable than the ddc pumps , and I don't know what to think..

Because alot of people saying that the d5 pumps are more reliable than the ddc pumps , and I don't know what to think..

Nope. D5s and DDCs are great pumps. Either or is fine. There are many members here who have had both pumps for at least 5 years working no problem.

And about the rad , should I invest 6$ more to get the xt45 ? and should I go for push or pull?

fit all the rad you can fit in the case now, thicker and longer are better.
the res you have chosen is only 100mm tall, when you get it flowing at a high rate it will form a vortex, it looks like it comes with an anti vortex tube, please use it.
I have one and it drove me crazy for a bit till i came in at the top and used an anti vortex tube.
for info go and look at martins liquid labs.

Back