• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about connecting pump+res together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabag123

Registered
Hi , I'm planing to buy water cooling loop for my cpu
And I decided to buy this res- http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-cape-corp-coolplex-pro-10-lt.html
And this pump - http://www.performance-pcs.com/pumps/swiftech-mcp50x-exteme-12-vdc-ddc-pump.html
Can I connect both of them using this male to male thread ? - http://www.performance-pcs.com/fitt...-4-high-flow-fitting-male-to-male-thread.html
My case Is - fractal design define r5 , and I'm planning to mount the pump+res on the floor of the case.
the male to male connector can hold the res with water in it ?
Thanks.

:welcome: to OCFs. :salute:

As for the reservoir and pump, yes you could use both but I am not sure the reservoir with the water in it will sit well and can possibly move around and spring a leak. I would make sure the reservoir is stationary and than u can use that fitting or you could just use a little tubing between the reservoir and the pump so it has a little flex if you need a little wiggle room OR you could just go with the same pump company (Swfitech) which already has a reservoir that can be installed with that pump and have a better fit as shown in the image below.

MCP50-W-RESx600.jpg

Hi,Thanks for answer.
Isn't this res is compatible only with the mcp35x?

Is there any way to use the alphacool cape res with this pump? Because I prefer the cape

Is there any way to use the alphacool cape res with this pump? Because I prefer the cape

Yes you can. Just make sure where the pump sits the reservoir is in a fixed position whether you use the fitting or some tubing. With tubing its better because you have a little flex but with fittings, you can put too much pressure on the threads and O-ring and possible spring a leak because you're basically telling the G 1/4" on the top of the pump to hold all that weight. Nonetheless, you still should be ok if the pump is stationary as I said.

Yes you can. Just make sure where the pump sits the reservoir is in a fixed position whether you use the fitting or some tubing. With tubing its better because you have a little flex but with fittings, you can put too much pressure on the threads and O-ring and possible spring a leak because you're basically telling the G 1/4" on the top of the pump to hold all that weight. Nonetheless, you still should be ok if the pump is stationary as I said.
This is how my rig looks like I want to put the pump+res on the floor of the case, will it be possible?

This is how my rig looks like I want to put the pump+res on the floor of the case, will it be possible?

Sure its possible. The question is how much rad are you going to use and where are you going to fit it.

Also, a simple search of your case + water cooling should bring you some projects that have been done. Gives you a better idea on what works.

280mm on the top
yes I saw some cooling builds of my case, but I can't find ones with my pump +res.

How can I mount the pump *?

Just have it placed down there with the tube routing in place. Make sure it doesn't move much once you place it on your desk and leave it there. I'm assuming this isn't a mobile PC so it shouldn't be a problem. If you're still paranoid, just use some zip ties.

I saw that the alphacool cape has 3 connectors on top , Can I use one of them as inlet ,and second as fill/drain port ?
Thanks for the help btw , you helped me alot.

I saw that the alphacool cape has 3 connectors on top , Can I use one of them as inlet ,and second as fill/drain port ?
Thanks for the help btw , you helped me alot.

Well yeah. You use one as an inlet and the other as a fill port. You'll need to setup a drain port elsewhere.

How he connected the pump and the res together ? male to male thread?

How he connected the pump and the res together ? male to male thread?

It's not too visible but I am going on a guess he used a male to male fitting to connect both. Again, I showed you the Swiftech reservoir and how it sits. Its connected by a single male fitting through the bottom port of the reservoir internally, connecting to the pump for a tight solid connection with the reservoir siting exactly on top of the pump. This here appears to be a fitting connected from the outside underneath the reservoir.

The Swiftech resevoir comes with stainless steel mesh and foam filter , What those do?

Back