• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feedback on upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, but undeniably, a 280X is higher performing than a 270, and if the OP can pick one up for the same price, why wouldn't he? JM2C.

I didn't say you couldn't run FC4 at all. I said the performance wouldn't be satisfactory. What that means to me is that you can't turn up all settings to max and crank up AA/AF to a high level and still get great performance. I'm sure that with the proper tweaks, FC4 could run satisfactorily on a 270. But not maxed the frig out. To me, that's not what PC gaming is about though. If I can't make the game look WAY better than on consoles, I might as well have a PS4 IMO.

That and the fact that you aren't locked into a controller that doesn't work as good as another for every game. The PS#/XboxXXX controllers don't have the precision that I do with a keyboard and mouse in FPSs. And you can still use an official or knockoff controller from each camp almost right out of the box for the games that are better with them. That alone is worth going PC for gaming in my opinion, and if it looks better, then that's just icing.

No. I'm a Linux guy. I use it on everything. I like it way better then Windows and I'm never going back. I advocate it to everyone I know. You couldn't PAY me to go back to Windows, as hard as Microsoft is trying to do exactly that with Tablet makers

I actually have an unused copy of Win7 in my closet I got for some testing- it'll probably be there until I throw it out

Back