• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia GTX 960/970/980 - 900 Series drivers for Windows XP (x86/x64)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neverwind

Registered
---EDIT:

Hello,
Since I won't be able to manage and upload every new version that comes out, I found a friend of mine who is really willing to help me out and do this over at another forum.
SO If you ever need the latest version of nvidia drivers for XP just be sure to check it out (I hope this is not going to be considered as an advertisement or something like that)

http://www.kaminata.net/download-modded-working-gtx-980-970-960-drivers-for-windows-xp
--------

Hello,

It's been a while, but this forum helped me a lot and now's time to try to pay you guys back.
I've recently done some modding on the latest drivers by NVIDIA in order for people to be able to install and use their 900 series video cards on Windows XP.
Opposing to other modded drivers over the net, these should be issue-free, which means no artifacts, no hickups, no crashes, etc.
/*This have been verified with Unigine Heaven 4.0*/

Download nVIDIA GTX 980/970/960 Drivers for Windows XP x86 version 347.25
Download nVIDIA GTX 980/970/960 Drivers for Windows XP x64 version 347.25

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Thanks Neverwind, what did you do just add support in the driver so it's recognized or are there additional tweaks that needed to be done.?

Basically, just added the device IDs plus the correct list of installation files to be copied for the specified device.
The latter is the thing a lot of other guides for driver modification just omit, but it is crucial for correct driver/device operation :)
Since I've seen that most people who need XP Drivers for these cards rely on an older version of the package, I decided to post those here, so people can get the latest drivers for their card.

Im just curious :p

Why you'd want to use such a new and powerfull card on a windows XP installation? :)

Hey NoBioN,

Well, I am for example a big fan of retro gaming and there are quite a few games out there that can't really be run properly on newer operating systems, so in this case a working driver could be really useful :)

Last edited:
Hey, sorry to necro a fairly old thread, but can somebody fill me in on how to go about this bit:

"...plus the correct list of installation files to be copied for the specified device."

I see tons of guides that show how to change the Device IDs, but not this, and searching for these sorts of terms hasn't really helped.

I could probably figure it out by poking around the drivers on my own for several hours, but I figured if somebody could save me those several hours... well, thanks.

Back