• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virus wont go away even after multiple virus scans and removal options.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

Hey guys,

I was letting a friend use my laptop and it contracted a virus. The virus is called siurffKeepitu, and it is one of the annoying web browser viruses that turn everything into an ad. I have tried to remove the extension from Google chrome but every-time i restart chrome it is re installed. I have run hitman, awdcleaner,malwarebytes, and super anti spyware to try and get rid of the problem but it still persist. So far the only thing that has worked is disabling the virus app in the chrome extensions window. Does anyone have any idea what i should do or why this is happening?

Backup, format, reinstall. It's faster to do this than a full scan with most AV software, and you guarantee to get rid of the problem.

you could try adwcleaner, it could be something in the browser that goes and re-retrieves said virus after removing. or just reinstall

He could try sacrificing a chicken and a boogie man dance but according to google-fu it installs with free online software as part of a sneaky bundle.

It is delete able but for now OP is hijacked for revenue monies \ :D / yeay grrreat!

When i went to download that, I got a warning from my network that its a virus...

hmm never had that happen u download it from bleeping computer? i dont run any AV software on any of my pc's so nothing would be there to tell me, but if u got it from bleeping computer its a false positive im fairly certain.

My weapons of choice if I don't want to re-install

arsenal.PNG

Junkware Removal Tool
AdwCleaner
Anti-Malware Free
HitmanPro

Sounds like tro vi. Soo annoying! I hope you can get rid of it.

I'd also recommend restarting in safe mode without networking. That should limit the number of things running and prevent the crud from re-downloading itself.

Back