• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z97 Mark S Now Available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Am I the only sucker whom bought one? lol. ...Can't believe I'm switching to Intel with Z97. Sky must be falling :)

Am I the only sucker whom bought one? lol. ...Can't believe I'm switching to Intel with Z97. Sky must be falling :)

Yes the sky is falling ....... slowly all the AMD guys are checking out intel even if just for an experiment. contemplated the Sabertooth as well ..... its surprising that even going from the MARK 1 to this board you chose which is Identical except the PCB as you stated is tan instead of white is about a $50 difference. I ended up choosing the Maximus VII Gene instead.

Last edited:
Yes the sky is falling ....... slowly all the AMD guys are checking out intel even if just for an experiment. contemplated the Sabertooth as well ..... its surprising that even going from the MARK 1 to this board you chose which is Identical except the PCB as you stated is tan instead of white is about a $50 difference. I ended up choosing the Maximus II Gene instead.

Isn't the Maximus II a socket 775 board? It's either 775 or 1156. You sure you don't mean the Maximus VII?

Neat board, but they stopped halfway... White pcb, white armor(lol), and still green/beige parts at the bottom???!!!!

Pr Ivey that thing. Wow. I bet the 970/980 hot is calling your name... Lol!

Neat board, but they stopped halfway... White pcb, white armor(lol), and still green/beige parts at the bottom???!!!!

It is indeed. I saw a youtube vid where the reviewer had the Mark S and then pulled out the 980 HOF right at the end as a teaser. I was done for lol

This thing is sweet. Matches my case perfectly, like it was built just for it. Couldn't be happier to switch over to the blue team.

could be worse, could be yellow down there like someone peed in the snow. wait that is either a brown color or dark green in either case it looks like... NVM :eek:

That looks gangbusters. Now you need 2 HOF GPUs, white fans (the whole fan not just the blades) , a white PSU, white PSU cables, and you need to paint your pump white.

Back