• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump head pressure???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like I said, I would have gone some Aqua H20 components like the pumps, reservoir and sensors if I would have known about the AQ6 2-3 years before its release. :rofl: As you can see, I've had this stuff for quite some time. I enjoy it but wished the AQ6 was more compatible with all 3rd party devices without any modifications or not working at all.

I am happy to hear that the MCP-35X2 works no problem. Can I ask did you just use a split wire to one PWM channel on the AQ6?

It's still a possibility of grabbing one and a flow sensor in the future. I just need to save almost $300 for it all, heh. And another $250+ for eloop B12 PWM fans which are my favs. The ones I have now are more budgeted fans (Swiftech Helix120 PWM) because I spent a buttload at the time of purchasing my components. I think I've already dropped $2k+ on H20, including the 800D and 900D cases I have used.

Can I ask did you just use a split wire to one PWM channel on the AQ6?

Yeh - split wire arrangement for the PWM drive signal so the one channel drives both pumps together. You could use separate channels for each pump for total independent control if you wanted to but it is a bit of a waste of one channel unless you require that level of control.

I did cheat on the PUMP's RPM signals though. I fed the tacho/rpm signal from one of the pumps directly to the channel utilised for pump control. I then split the second tacho/rpm signal from the other pump and connected to another channel. This other channel is being used to drive a small PWM fan attached to the MCP35X2's heatsink mounted underneath the pumps. I was not concerned particularly about monitoring the small fan's rpm as its not critical, so having disconnected the rpm wire from this fan's connector, I connected the RPM signal wire from the second pump to this same channel. In effect this channel drives the small fan on the heatsink but displays the RPM from pump #2 in the Aquaero's display. This way both pumps are monitored for RPM discrepancies and the like.

I just need to save almost $300 for it all, heh. And another $250+ for eloop B12 PWM fans which are my favs. The ones I have now are more budgeted fans (Swiftech Helix120 PWM) because I spent a buttload at the time of purchasing my components. I think I've already dropped $2k+ on H20, including the 800D and 900D cases I have used.

Yeh tell me about the costs... :)

I also like the NB eloop fans - I like their noise and performance characteristics. My 900D is kitted out with the B12-3 variant - 17 of them...!

Here is a great article about head pressure helped me out a lot. http://www.xtremerigs.net/2013/08/09/how-to-read-a-pressureflowrestriction-plot/ hope it helps

I think I Had read that one before or a review by the same staff, looked familiar.

@Flat and GTXJack

So would I t be safe a assume you two would promote the NB Eloop fans, I read through a couple of Martisliquidlab's review (before finding review test 12) on fans and was really impressed with the results for airflow through a rad.

@Flat and GTXJack

So would I t be safe a assume you two would promote the NB Eloop fans, I read through a couple of Martisliquidlab's review (before finding review test 12) on fans and was really impressed with the results for airflow through a rad.

Yup. If I had the funds for premium priced rad fans, the B12 eLoops would be the ones.

@JAckwebb

I also found a review of r9-290/x block tests and if I read the info correctly about the EK block they tend to do better in a high flow environment, and that would mean these run best in serial so my thought of running parallel would of limited their cooling ability with the reduced flow rate of a parallel gpu config.

@GTXJack

The fans I was planning on getting are the same price, but I can't find where anyone has done the testing similar to martinsliquidlabs on these Noctuas'

On a side note, I feel really ignorant having had asked these questions with so much info out there, but I have learned much more in the process than had just kept my question's to myself, so a big thanks to those who have helped, I am going to order the pump res and one UT60 rad to do some mock up and fitment testing, if I can't get the UT60 to fit with what I plan on doing than it will go up top and I will have a better understanding of how much room is there with physical objects instead of poorly cut insulation material and bad measurements.

Is it wrong of me to gather some parts to do test fits, or should I put more time into the plan and wait til I get it all at one time (not sure I can sit on a lot of money without wanting to spend it all, lol)? I guess that really is personal preference.

I forgot what case you're getting but I would only buy some of the parts you know want in the loop and will fit. If it doesn't fit on the bottom but can fit up top than that is fine as well instead of buying it all at once and having to return a few things. I started off by buying a few pieces here and there but that was because I had a custom reservoir being made that took 9 months if I recall correctly. Never ended up using it.

I'll be using the 900D in the op for the new build and piecing together a much smaller case for my father with some of the components in a later build.

@Flat and GTXJack

I would use them again if I was building another PC. They are available in a few different RPM ranges as well as a PWM variant.

One thing to be aware of though is that the NB-eLoops are no good in a 'pull' scenario. They will push air through a rad really well but if the fans are flipped over and used in a 'pull' configuration they do create a droning sound and I don't recommend using these fans if going to opt for 'pull' setup through a rad.

They do sound good when used in a push config in that the sound they produce is [hard to explain] sort of 'soft' to the ears - No whining/buzzing noisy harmonics etc.

Is it wrong of me to gather some parts to do test fits

As Jack has stated - This is a good idea as you will be certain that the initial parts will fit and it will also allow you to become familiar with the initial fittings you purchase which may/will give you other ideas with your build.

Back