• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wondering...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

How much do you think it would cost to have a custom motherboard made-to-order?

$20,000?

That's an interesting question, but I'm honestly not sure if you could put any sort of a real # on that as I can't imagine it has happened by any major motherboard vendors. The cost of R&D, test, manufacturing, etc would be pretty extraordinary I would imagine.

Oh, because, well, lets just say my father came into 'some' money recently... and no motherboard on the market has the features I want all in one package... :L

I bet even having a pci slot changed to a pcie slot would cost more then anybody would be willing to pay.

Congrats I suppose on your father's financial well-being, but I would honestly look around there has to be a motherboard that has pretty much all of the features you are wanting. What are you looking for that is so specialized?

What, might I ask, are you trying to achieve with that many cores?

This has been done. I watched a show last year about a company that order over 1000 boards for BTC mining. the MoBo's and GPU's were all custom made. They didn't mention who made them but I'm sure they were stripped down to bare bones for mining. Unlike what you're looking for.

BTW, your last name wouldn't be Kilpatrick would it. (That's a joke by the way in case by some rare chance it actually is. LOL)

EDIT: gotta love the google monster.

Hmm. Interesting.

http://www.sunstone.com/

http://www.4pcb.com/

It makes you wonder tho, they make mobos in bulk to bring the costs of everything down... So ... Just how many top end special ROG mobos do they even make? (Rampage V Extreme?) there can't be many people buying those... In fact I wonder how many SR-2s and SR-X's they made, they're even more specialized. (Also I did know about the Sr-X. Heard bad things, was considering it when building sig computer)

A baseball player's wife can get an automatic ferrari made but I can't even get one damn piece of silicon. Sigh.

Last edited:
Back