• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking at overclocking my HD 6950.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

Specifically, it's an Asus DirectCU II. It's not the newest toy for sure, but I don't want to push it so hard it damages the card. The clock is set to 810mhz by default, and I have an Accelero Xtreme III instead of the stock cooler. What kind of overclocks can I expect to get out of this thing? It's been a long time since I bothered to OC a video card, but I notice the auto-tune feature is gone now. What's a good way to do this manually?

Is it one of the 6950's that can be flashed to a 6970? Quite an easy way to get a performance boost...

+1 for MSI Afterburner

Using AB, Just keep bumping it up in small increments until your cooling solution or silicon runs out of talent

With that cooler I think you would be good to 1.215 or 1.225 , just keep an eye on temps

you should have a 10 year badge ?

My unlocked 6950 (on an Accelero XP) would run up to 910/1350 without too much voltage, but every card is different. Make sure you increase the power limit in Afterburner and just increase clocks gradually starting with the core.

Back