• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4gb 270x crossfire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Friend has a 4gb 270x card and wants more gpu performance. Yes yes, Im entirely aware that a single card is best. All the games he plays are either not gpu demanding or they have crossfire support. As it becomes more and more prolific, I have a hard time believing AAA titles not supporting xfire performance in the future anwyay.

He plays on 1440p, runs an i5 rig. I can't really think of a downside to the xfiring, he overkilled his psu (Corsair RM1000 [not my idea...]) so he has PLENTY of space on his power to play with crossfire solutions.

Benchmarks favor this setup when it works. Is this really a bad idea? 4gb is great, but is memory bandwidth going to support 1440p well enough to justify a crossfire experience?

It'll be better than a single 270X on 1440P for sure, assuming he has proper airflow.

It'll be better than a single 270X on 1440P for sure, assuming he has proper airflow.

He wasn't the most brilliant when building his computer. Im pretty sure he spent 200$ on a case he didn't need in the first place. He got his advice from reddit and youtube, and left me bewildered at his judgement lol. I don't even know if he has a K series i5, I'll see what he's running.

Back