• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

indubidibleh

So, here it is. My first post on Overclockers.com. :D I am going to doing a custom loop for this year's build and I would like to get some input on this parts list.

This is what I have so far:
Bitspower Mini Water Tank + Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Magicool Extreme 140mm Slim Rad
Black Ice GTX M92 92mm Rad
EK Supremacy EVO Nickel CPU Block
VisionTek Cryovenom R9 290
PrimoCHILL Advanced LRT Tubing (3/8" ID x 5/8" OD) 10FT
Enzotech G1/4" Compression Fittings (x10)
Noctua Redux 140mm and 92mm PWM Fans

This is all going into an In Win 904 case with an Asus X79 Deluxe and a 4820K.

My main question is this; Will this be enough to cool the R9 290 and the 4820K OC'ed to around 4.5 GHz?
Also, if anyone would, could anyone suggest an order for the loop as I have no clue.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
indubidibleh, welcome to the forum. Spend some time reading through the water cooling sticky section it will give you the answers you need. As far as enough cooling, "The Extreme 140mm radiator", is it a single, dual or triple?

Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money to watercool in that case.

Well depending on how quiet you want it you're likely going to need more rads. The R9 290's run hot and will probably need 2x120mm alone, again read through the stickys they have a lot of information you'll need to consider.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste the money to watercool in that case.

I saw a watercooled build in the 904 on PCPartPicker and it really made me want to do it. But, I don't really think it would be worth the ~$700. I really like the TJ07 and TJ11 but.... the price... *shudder* Do you know of any similar cases (aluminum, etc...)?

Well depending on how quiet you want it you're likely going to need more rads. The R9 290's run hot and will probably need 2x120mm alone, again read through the stickys they have a lot of information you'll need to consider.

The thing is, that is all the room the case has for rads, besides mounting them outside the case on the back which ruins the whole aesthetic of the case IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that you can't fit a decent amount of radiator into the 904. You won't get a nice, quiet system with good temps like you're thinking.

What about a Corsair 760T?

The problem is that you can't fit a decent amount of radiator into the 904. You won't get a nice, quiet system with good temps like you're thinking.

What about a Corsair 760T?

I do like the 760T, but something about it puts me off. I don't particularly like the doors/windows. They seem REALLY flimsy to me....

I am a liar. FrozenCPU has the TJ07BW for $369.99. Now, I need to come up with a loop for that case. Anyone want to help??

Last edited by a moderator:
What about:
- NZXT H440
- Corsair 750D
- Corsair 450D
- Caselabs
- Phanteks Enthoo Series
- Fractal Design ARC

I wouldn't buy a TJ07 in this age, it's a VERY old case now.

I know it's old, but are there any features that it lacks that make it not worth buying?

"meh" radiator support, unpainted interior, non-removable drive bays, no USB 3.0 case ports, only 4x120mm spots in the case for radiator, "meh" airflow

I was tossing up between the Enthoo pro, 450D and Cooler Master cm 690 iii.

Landed on the Cooler Master but all of those cases are pretty excellent value at around $100 with extensive fan, radiator mounting options..

Not as good materials or space as your $350 cases, but screw paying that much imo.. won't be that much cooler or quieter..

Last edited:
"meh" radiator support, unpainted interior, non-removable drive bays, no USB 3.0 case ports, only 4x120mm spots in the case for radiator, "meh" airflow
I have the TJ07 and it's a well built case for it's time but, what Atmin is saying has a lot of merit. May I also add that the motherboard tray has no Cpu cutout so installing a heatsink is a bit of a PIA, unless one cuts a hole in the tray which I did. I also painted the interior of mine flat black and did some modding of the side panels for a fan and a window. Though, you can fit more then 4x120mm worth of radiator in it. For the money there are a lot better watercooling cases these days. I've always liked the Corsair 540 and the Thermaltake Core X9 looks to be a pretty good case for water cooling.
IMG_3621a.jpg IMG_3637a.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Case it is about 179.99. it. Is. Huge. Good Rad support you can put 1 360 rad on top and if you takeout the hard drive cages you can put in a 240 rad on front. Full disclosure never actually touched one but really want one. Saw a unboxing on Linus Tech Tips hope it helps

What about:
- NZXT H440
- Corsair 750D
- Corsair 450D
- Caselabs
- Phanteks Enthoo Series
- Fractal Design ARC

I wouldn't buy a TJ07 in this age, it's a VERY old case now.

+1 :thup:

I agree and also add to the mix, the Corsair 780T and the Corsair 900D if you're going to spend over $300. Sure the newer stuff might seem more flimsy if you will but they are still great and designs have improved so much, not just for the air cooling and cable management, but also for the water cooler. Basically no modding to be done because of lessons learned from older designs.

If you going to spend over $300 I would +1 GTXJackBauer's 900D recommendation. A massive case but makes it very easy to work with. I am also new to water cooling and I just recently finished my 900D build and it was quite easy to work with lots of rooms for rads.

buildphoto1.jpg

Last edited:
Back