• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD Health Critical(at least I think so)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj1992

hdd2.jpg

Hello guys, have been having some problems with my HDD on my HTPC. The HDD is 5 years old. Since the past couple of days, Windows 7 would not go past the logo. So I unplugged the HDD and connected it to my main rig. When I ran crystaldiskinfo, I was shocked at the results :shock: Is there any chance of data recovery from the HDD. I have unplugged it and kept it aside. I hope I would be able to power it for the final time to recover my data.

Yeah should be able to recover data, and I would do it ASAP before the drive dies.

In term a tool says "bad" then it seems to be really really bad. Usually in my experience i never had any tool telling me "bad" even when a drive was truly running bad. So... i dont really trust tools, but when they see a failure it is truly super bad... thats certain.

Back