• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z97 Pro (wifi) No Power/Boot/POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

appappmad

:mad:

Hi all.

MOBO:- Asus Z97 Pro (wifi)
CPU:- Intel Pentium G3258
RAM:- Corsair XMS3 8GB (1600mhz)
HDD:- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
ODD:- Pioneer DVD Writer
Case:- Thermaltake V51
PSU:- Seasonic M12 v2 750w

I'm having a problem with my motherboard. It was working fine (apart from a BSOD problem, but new RAM sorted that out), my problem began when I transfered the mobo to a new case with a new power supply. Ever since then, it doesn't want to boot up. When I use the I/O switch on the PSU, the fans come on and the LEDS on mobo and the LED code indicator, and then everything stops and the LEDS on the mobo stay on. The power button on the case and on the motherboard doesn't work. I've tried using the USB BIOS flashback utility and that hasn't worked. I've made sure that all the standoffs are in the right place. I've re-seated the CPU a few times and had no joy. I've tried putting the RAM into different slots, and that's not worked. I've tried all peripherals unplugged, so that is attached is the CPU and RAM, Nothing. I tried my old PSU and that didn't work. I have tried many things and nothing seems to be working. Sorry for the long description, I'm just really really stuck, apart from this thread, I think the next best thing is where I got the components from. I have built several PC's, but this one has got me stumped.

Thanks for reading :p

I would try to build the Mobo and basic components on your Mobo cardboard box, this would give you a idea if there is any SHORT CIRCUITS! Next if by chance it does not fire up then i would look into the 24 pin cable and any other cable for shorts as well, like moving them around to see if there is any difference.

Sounds like the PSU is firing up then shutting down as you said the power buttons stop working so check them out and make sure the connections is the correct way around according to the manual! Yes i know but even i have had a cable the wrong way around!

Even better way is to short out the 2 power pins on the Mobo with a small screwdriver without any cables attached to it again it would point you in the right area to look at!

I will try to think of anything else while you try these suggestions out! ;) :thup:

Ajay.

Yep, build it outside the case.

CPU, motherboard, 1 stick of RAM, and PSU only.

Hi all. Thanks for reading and for the advice. I've actually fixed it. It was a problem with the case cables. All sorted now and working.

Thanks again guys :)

Last edited:
Was that a case of wrong way around with the Case Cables??? :( Sounds like it to me! :attn: ;)

Ajay.

Hi, yes it was down to them being the wrong way round. I can't believe I overlooked it. When I inplugged everything i.e fans, usb 3 etc. I didn't unplug the case cables, because I never expected that it could be those causing the entire issue. On my old case, it was fine.

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the answer and enjoy your new set up, come back if you need any further help we are always here! ;) :salute:

Ajay.

Back