• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying computer case use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patricia2626

Registered
is this good deal a corsair 900d for 150 dollars and use from ebay and from any store it kinda 350 dollars?

I'm lost... A used 900D for $150 is a good deal, depending on it's condition of course. I would never own a case that large because it won't fit on most desks. Do you really need something that large?

I've had relatively good luck purchasing used cases (1 or 2 in the past couple years). The occasional missing this or that, but nothing too serious.

That said, mine have been with cases which retail for $150 or less. Not sure I'd risk it with a $350 case unless it was so thoroughly documented that you had no doubts as to its condition/contents.

Remember, that though you are protected through PP/eBay and can get your money back pretty easily if something goes wrong, that doesn't cover return shipping, which (I'm guessing) would run in the neighborhood of $50-60 with a 900D.

EDIT:

And +1 to pb's comment on size. As a recent convert to SFF builds, I can say that having a smaller case carries a lot of perks and you can usually squeeze most of the same stuff in there. Unless you're going for a crazy WC build, I don't know that a case the size of the 900D is worth space it'll take up. :thup:

Back