• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New "many-core" work units for server-class Folding machines, available NOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just not into all the drama and hand-wringing we had a year ago concerning the same issue (and that drama and hand-wringing was indeed justified). I'm burnt out. I'm ready to move on, and that moving on does not include 650+ Watts for returned work units that are not of high value, as expressed by Pande Group. Sorry for repeating myself.

I'm just not into all the drama and hand-wringing we had a year ago concerning the same issue (and that drama and hand-wringing was indeed justified). I'm burnt out. I'm ready to move on, and that moving on does not include 650+ Watts for returned work units that are not of high value, as expressed by Pande Group. Sorry for repeating myself.

I see grandpa and other high folders over at [H] are completely shut down again - they had recently returned to FAH.

I have yet to get the new A5's with the new K-factor, are there any new flags I need? I'm using V6 6.34.

I don't know what the minimum flag set is, but include all three that you posted and you will be set. Ensure also that the configuration is set for "Big" packets. (I'm sure you already did that.)

Well, all I did was changed -bigadv to -bigbeta and now I have a 8106 WU and I'm getting about same points as before, so I'll keep my 4P's folding. :comp:

I'm getting about same points as before
I'm not challenging you; I just want to have a clearer understanding of what you mean. The 8106 is producing about the same points as which other work unit? What is the current PPD estimate and how are you monitoring the rate of production?

Well, all I did was changed -bigadv to -bigbeta and now I have a 8106 WU and I'm getting about same points as before, so I'll keep my 4P's folding. :comp:

The values from HFM are wrong, they still have the xfactor as 39 instead of 3.9.

That changes the points from 600k ppd to 200k at best, about 1/3 the points as before.

Back