• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Immediately Wakes After Sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zephos

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct part of the site but it seemed applicable.

I've been having this minorly annoying problem for a while now and finally decided to track it down. When I put my PC (in signature) to sleep, it does, everything goes off, LEDs go dark, etc. Within a couple seconds, however, it wakes right back up. After looking around a little, I went into command prompt and used -powercfg lastwake to figure out what turned it back on. This was my result:

Code:
C:\Users\Me>powercfg lastwake
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
  Wake Source Count - 1
  Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_06\4&28b85f88&0&00A9
    Friendly Name:
    Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Manufacturer: Realtek

I only have one PCI device, which is my graphics card, so I'm assuming this is the issue. I am on the lastest GeForce Experience and Driver. Any insight?

Thanks

*facepalm* I guess if I'd just googled GBE Controller I would've gotten that. Anyway, thanks for answering my stupid question, fixed it right away.

Back