• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll like the 4770 especially for benches bassnut. I think you'll find they're a bit fussy compared to the AMD side of things.

I'll be running AMD with you Bass, though your 8370 should have no problems stomping on me. My 7950 should be able to keep up with your 280 though. If you want a little challenge try running it on 4 cores and lets see who can score the highest?

Would if I could Blaylock but I can't find any way to turn off cores in my bios. Could have swore I seen it there before but when I did my runs for last month I looked....... nanda. unless it's hidden somewhere or maybe has to do with the new binning for the 8370..... I don't know.

NOpe not cores bassnut but you can disable modules on the CHV-z

I did A RUN ON MY htpc/gAMER
Johan45/ GTX77/ 2/ air/11179 HT @ 3142

fire 11179.PNG
HT @ 2659

fire 10829.PNG

Last edited:
Ya and I scored almost half on my gamer. :rofl:

What games are you playing Woomack ? Freecell :eek:

TBH I rarely game anymore

Now that's some funny shett right there Witchy, Freecell rocks :rofl:

I just set this machine up with that in mind. I haven't been gaming at all since I caught the benchbug

No more left in that 780 Manny?
Not sure but that's all it has right now. I can't get the 4770k to run the bench at 5.1 so I'm going to have to try drivers and such. I've run a 109xx earlier but couldn't this time out.

Not sure but that's all it has right now. I can't get the 4770k to run the bench at 5.1 so I'm going to have to try drivers and such. I've run a 109xx earlier but couldn't this time out.

That's on the Lightning?
Is there a voltage tool for it like there is for the Classy?

That is the Skynet BIOS :( I need a gpu block so I can put some cold water on it and yes it's the lightning Atmin.

Skynet modded bios for those cards... go check OCN for the files. :)

Skynet didn't open up full voltage control on the Classy, you needed the XOC BIOS to get past 1.35V still.
And even then, you couldn't hit 1.35V by using Afterburner.

Maybe I'll try the newer Skynet BIOS and see if that helps, then use Rbby's tool to up the volts past 1.21 v

What games are you playing Woomack ? Freecell :eek:

TBH I rarely game anymore

From time to time guild wars 2 and maybe civilization 5 if I'm really bored. Right now I have GTX580 in my pc which is really bad for oc and sometimes is acting weird.

There is not much you can't do yourself what Skynet BIOSes have. Almost all options are editable in Kepler/Maxwell BIOS Tweaker. It's also the main reason why there is no GTX900 BIOS from him as everyone can make everything in Maxwell BIOS Tweaker. Kinda overrated skills if you ask me. Lack of knowledge and lazyness of other people made from him one time forums hero. I have nothing against him but current overclocking community is not even trying and all are waiting for a miracle.
I just checked GTX780 BIOS in Maxwell BIOS Tweaker. All options are editable so I would check if changes are actually working. I don't remember exactly but when I was modding BIOSes for GTX780 then something was missing.
The only issue you can find at higher voltage is OCP/OVP which probably enables at ~1.31V. For that you will need special LN2 BIOS or something else. It's also one of reasons why I got ASUS DC2. Easy hard mods and can pass 1.6V without limits.
I would also measure vcore using DMM directly on the card as software is never right and MSI cards are often overvolted. 1.21V is max in BIOS , under load can be 1.25V.

Back