• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I said in PM, go into your attachments from advanced edit and remove the incorrect picture.

Also, I'm a senior, not a mod or admin.

I just did what you asked in PM and nothing

So you went here:
2015-02-20 22_53_44-[FEATURED] Marathon SIII_ February, 3DMark Firestrike - Edit Post.jpg

Then made sure they were gone from here:
2015-02-20 22_54_01-[FEATURED] Marathon SIII_ February, 3DMark Firestrike - Edit Post.jpg

When you hover over the picture in the second highlighted area, there should be an X in the corner. Click it.

Roger FYI you need to include the GPU-Z main tab also.

Are you overclocking your GPU at all? Seems like you should be able to get higher scores.

damn I did it again lol ok time for another delete lol ty

ok lets try this again lol different GFX Card

XRogerX / Radeon HD 6670 / x1 / Air / 1322

Fire Strike 1322.PNG

Last edited:
ought I would give my AMD some loving today ......

bassnut / 280X / 1 / Air / 7695

AmdRun.png

SO I improved a bit on my AMD score ..... might be a bit more to be had but that's it for me tonight.

bassnut / R9 280X / 1 / Air / 7922

AMD_R2.png

Need to stick the 280x in the I7 rig and see what it will do Bassnut.

Honestly Manny ..... I like the 970 better but may try and see this week if I can. Had to step back from the 4770 for a bit yesterday ...... found out that XTU is really worthless for stability testing. I was 1 hour stable with XTU @ 4.76 GHZ and decided to try a video encode ..... crashed within a min with X264 running and with prime it crashed right off the bat. So gonna start from the beginning with the chip with either prime or OCCT. I was really surprised my FPS while running the 4770K where not much different if at all from my 8370 but it is hard to really compare in that short of a timeframe. Running the trial version of 3DMark is really a pain ...... isn't it.

for some reason benchmark in XTU is more demanding than stability test ... and stability test base on Prime95 ( at least it's running prime95.exe or something )

I might be able to improve this tomorrow once I pull the restrictor plate off. Couple of bonus runs as well.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2770868_
http://hwbot.org/submission/2770870_
http://hwbot.org/submission/2770872_

Brian, if I ever get around to getting a nice 4770k I might be able to take third right behind you with this GPU. It's barely cold here and pulling some good clocks. It's nice to win the silicon lottery once in a while. :attn:

Hey Blaylock, watch the Physx. It really makes no difference here( since it doesn't affect the score) but at the Bot it just gives someone a reason to gripe about your subs. Nice work though:thup:

Physx is allowed
GPU PhysX is not allowed.

http://hwbot.org/news/9039_application_52_rules/

Allowed optimisations:

Disable subtests
Driver settings finetuning
Tesselation tweaking

Disallowed tweaks/cheats:

GPU PhysX
Lucid Virtu
Mipmap
Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster
Wireframe hacks: any software or driver causing a benchmark program not (properly) render the textures
Rendered image differs too much from the original due to other software tweaking

Physx is not allowed but new Vantage version is disabling it by default and other benchmarks are not using nvidia physx ( so it's not changing scores ).
On hwbot, result won't be blocked in 3DM FS/FSX ( at least shouldn't ) but there are always people who will report it and make a lot of noise about nothing.

So in rules it's not allowed but all who are thinking won't block it just because it doesn't affect scores. That's why generally all results with physx enabled are validated.

Physx is not allowed but new Vantage version is disabling it by default and other benchmarks are not using nvidia physx ( so it's not changing scores ).
On hwbot, result won't be blocked in 3DM FS/FSX ( at least shouldn't ) but there are always people who will report it and make a lot of noise about nothing.
And here is the take away from that.

Also, It has been disabled by default in Vantage for years IIRC... I think the context here is FS though.

Its not allowed according to the rules I quoted. I imagine, because of what actually happens (or doesn't - scores go up) with it enabled doesn't matter in FS though.

Last edited:
I am simply stating, regardless what the actual rules state many have it enabled, be it it helps or not.

Until they start enforcing it this particular rule is not relevant

I added Vantage as it's the only benchmark which was affected by physx but physx is not allowed for all benchmarks. I'm not sure if you noticed but most benchmark rules are copy/paste from other/earlier benchmarks so even though it could be changed, it simply wasn't. Since it's in the rules then they have right to block any result which has physx enabled.

Back