• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good, affordable iphone 5/6 cables?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

So $20 for a cable is ludicrous...It really is. You can find cheapos on ebay, 3 for $5 or even cheaper, but they always seem to stop working within a couple of months.

I don't need certified lightning...or data transfer, I just need it for charging.

Does anyone know a place that sells them cheap that actually last? I've tried the ones that look just like apples cable from ebay and they break quick. I've tried the ones that are flat and have cloth/nylon colored wrapping and those worked for 4-6 months.

Yeah I read this article:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-lightning-cable/

They praised the monoprice ones but they're not available (at least in white).

I ordered 2 of the Anker cables for 10 a piece on amazon, so time will tell. They feel much sturdier than the cheapo ebay ones. I guess companies figure if you're gonna do it right and make a quality cable you might as well pay for the MFi cert as well so there's no high quality, non-certified cables.

Back