• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions needed about replacement of HAF-X stock Side panel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what you have in the case... Cover the hole up and find out. ;)

I'd imagine it won't make much difference unless you have a couple of gpus in there though.

if your running aircooled sli or crossfire it will increase your temps alot.

I have a haf-x 942 with 2 top exaust fans I am folding in
with the side fan unplugged I have run my gtx770sc card and even that gets really hot.
with my 7970 cards in crossfire I have to have all the stock fans running and the cards get very hot, I am going to replace the 2 top exaust fans with the nzxt fans rated at 66cfm higher which will give me about 100-120 cfm more airflow.

in game I have found that the temps increase with that fan unplugged but it was not a disaster that the gpu load that folding is.

as far as the cpu heat, i am watercooled with the rad outside of the case

if your running aircooled sli or crossfire it will increase your temps alot.

I have a haf-x 942 with 2 top exaust fans I am folding in
with the side fan unplugged I have run my gtx770sc card and even that gets really hot.
with my 7970 cards in crossfire I have to have all the stock fans running and the cards get very hot, I am going to replace the 2 top exaust fans with the nzxt fans rated at 66cfm higher which will give me about 100-120 cfm more airflow.

in game I have found that the temps increase with that fan unplugged but it was not a disaster that the gpu load that folding is.

as far as the cpu heat, i am watercooled with the rad outside of the case
I'm just running a single g1 gaming 970 at that moment but will be getting a 2nd one soon.

do you have a second exaust fan installed in the top?
do you have an exaust fan installed in the rear fan port?
I don't have a 970 to test but I'll bet you will need the extra exaust with sli.
with two 7970's in cross fire my top exaust is HOT.
I have cut the gpu shroud down to where it is just a fan mount and feed extra air to the gpus that way and also mount an 80x20mm fan in the gpu support.

going and looking at a couple of 970 reviews, it looks like you're looking at around a 170 watt card, much less than what i am using so you might get by with 2 top exaust fans and a rear exaust, even in sli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this side panel compatible with my HAF-X??

I've been waiting for over 3 months for this to come back in stock and I was wondering will the panel below fit my HAF-X

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/haf-932-transparent-acrylic-side-window-panel-oem/

It's says HAF932/X but I was wondering is there any huge difference in between the 2 that I need to know about?

My current case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._re=HAF-X_Blue_Edition-_-11-119-239-_-Product

I guess I am asking is there any difference in between the 932 and the X and do the screw holes line up?

I honestly think that you safest bet is to contact CM's live help and get a definitive answer from them.

I honestly think that you safest bet is to contact CM's live help and get a definitive answer from them.

This +1.
They're the only ones that can tell you if the sides are interchangeable without finding a person with both cases.

Merged like threads. :)

I'd email CM too.

nice job earth i forgot about this thread.

i was wondering about it because FCPU is gone and the only place to get one of these up until recently was the EU CM store and that thing would have run me $80 because of international shipping. At just over $36 shipping included I cant pass it up

Well I ordered the 932 panel and it's going to be here in a day or 2 but I've been fiddling with a dumb idea.

With the decrease in air intake with no side panel fan is what I'm thinking of doing even possible?

See picture. img_1397.jpg

Some air intake is better than none and I have the feeling I'm going to have to remove that plastic shroud in order to do this.

Is it even worth doing or is it a dumb idea?

Well she came in today and I couldn't be happier it fit like a glove and looks 1000% better and I dont have to look at those ugly drive bays.

If you have a HAF it's worth the $19 from the CM store
iajMAPT.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of putting an intake fan on that side panel where the little beveled inlet is.

Last edited:
Back