• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop impossible to keep clean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my newly built loop. I put it together about 2months ago, and since then, i have changed the water about 5 to 7 times at the very least (GPU RMA Issues)

So, when the loop was made, both the rads were cleaned, using boiling water, i did this method about 5 to 8 times per rad, and the liquid was clean when it came out the last 2 or 3 runs.

The tubes where new EK 10/12 solid acrylic tubes, cleaned inside as much as possible, just not with boiling water, but with a cleaning solution, they were sparkling when done.

Currently the loop is ripped apart, the CPU block is partly blocked off, and some of the plexi tubes have a strange gel like coating around the fittings, aswell as some of the tubes have a thick gel like film on the inside.

I am now cleaning the loop ONCE more, when its all clean, it will run Meyhems loop cleaning kit for 24 to 48hours (cant rememeber the time) I ahve run destilled water with 2x kill coils.

I plan to keep going this way, but also add some addictive this time to deal with ph levels.

Can anyone shine some light on what the hack could be growing inside my loop? Its driving my nuts!

Last edited:
Sounds like plasticizer from cheap tubing to me.

Get some Primochill Advanced LRT after you get the blocks clean.

Sounds like plasticizer from cheap tubing to me.

Get some Primochill Advanced LRT after you get the blocks clean.

Its EK 10/12 acrylic tubes, im not going back. I use to run Primochill, i also got a build up with those, not as bad, but it happend. It just seems like i am doing an endless cleaning job, and getting no where.

Oh, acrylic. You didn't say that.
That isn't plasticizer then.

Maybe change the brand of distilled water you're using? Not all are good quality!

Are you sure that you washed out your cleaning chemicals 110%....?

It only takes a very small amount of foreign chemical to be in the system to play havoc with your loop.

Vinegar?

I cant be 100% i got everything out. I flushed the loop many times, and now it all starts over once more.

You might have to take them all apart and clean them individually than just flushing the loop.

Every was cleaned last time it was out, its now coming out again for yet another clean, but i cant keep doing this every 3 months.

Stay away from the "funky" fluids. ;) Last time I thought I saw you mixing some Mayhems or something. You know the lessons learned from this stuff.

Back